Interview with Maya known as Mokbook

I would like to introduce you to the talented Maya who helps run the Next Big Recognition on the DawnStarling profile with Dawn and Grace swiftiegirl1010 who I have previously interviewed.   Maya  is otherwise known as mokbook and lives in Singapore with her husband.

Maya has lived in a few countries over the years, including Australia but her favourite place so far is Japan, which even though she is well travelled, still draws her back to visit, time and time again, so much so she has practically visited everywhere in the country. Which is pretty impressive.

Thank you for kindly agreeing to undertake this interview. Let's get ourselves comfortable as we settle down in our virtual Beach Café in our comfy chairs. Now I'll order and I'll treat.

So what are we drinking? Coffee? Tea? Or a glass of wine?? Oh and are we having cake? If so, which cake is your favourite? Is there a memory attached to it that you would like to share?

(1) Reply: It's so great to be here and thank you for choosing to interview me, I'm super honoured.

Since we're so close to Christmas, I'm just gonna splurge and say I'd like a slice of pumpkin pie and a glass of Champers please :-) Care to join me?

Absolutely chink chink. However, I must admit I have never tasted Pumpkin Pie...here goes...here's a recipe I found which is suppose to be the easiest ever to make!

So happy I've introduced you to something new ;-)

It's good to experiment and expand horizons :-)

What do you think makes Japan particularly special to you?

Reply: You'd be surprised how many times I've been asked this and yet I still don't have a short, specific answer for it. Sorry ;-)

As long as I can remember I've been fascinated with Japan (my parents think I must've been Japanese in my past life). And growing up I was interested in two things, computers and martial arts.

Japan has always been one of the leaders in cutting edge technology even in the days before windows (oh I'm giving away hints to my age, at least punch cards were obsolete by the time I was born, almost :-) haha). Even as a kid I was enthralled with science fiction and so it became my dream to go to this technologically advanced country.

My interest grew as I learned martial arts in my teens, I even tried learning Japanese in high school which didn't go so well. But it wasn't until I turned twenty-four that I finally set foot on Japanese soil. From the first step off the plane I had this overwhelming sensation/ feeling of returning home, strange I know but I can't explain it any other way. I will say that even with all my expectations, Japan never disappointed.

https://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Visiting-shrinestemples-and-old-homes-contrasting-Heritage-Sites.jpg

Above is one of my favorite places in the world, Kiyomizudera or Kiyomizu temple, in Kyoto. Even when it's bustling with tourist, if you take a minute you can literally feel the history while you are there.

And here is another beauty, Kinkakuji or the golden pavilion which is literally leafed in gold!

http://resources.realestate.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Kinkakuji-Winter-1020x500.jpeg