Interview No.3 - Ivy - IVM992

I would like to introduce you to the talented writer Ivy who is a featured writer on Wattpad and a member on the board of directors for The Next Big Recognition (#NBR) and hails from an old city in North Armerica.

Moons of Muskets Volume 1 at the time of conducting this interview it is in the ratings at Paranormal and over 24,000 reads.

Ivy, currently serves on the board of The Next Big Recognition Contest: Promoting the best and brightest authors on Wattpad!

Many of us know her on Wattpad for being a very supportive reader of fellow writers work and she is always encouraging in her comments, which is appreciated by us all.

So Ivy, thank you kindly for agreeing to undertake this interview. Let's get ourselves comfortable as we settle down in our virtual café in our comfy chairs.

Now I'll order. What are we drinking? Wine? Coffee? Tea? Oh and are we having cake? If so, which cake is your favourite?- Is there a memory attached to it that you would like to share?

I'll have a glass of wine, please – and cake sounds lovely. Ice cream cake is my favourite. It reminds me of summer birthdays and pool parties.

Not another one wanting Ice Cream Cake have you been talking to Vincent, I feel I am missing out, no one ever made me Ice Cream cake, is it the cake you cover with meringue and quickly put in the oven? In the UK that is called Baked Alaska.

Also, I want to take a moment to thank you, Kimberley, for taking the time to ask me about my stories and for writing up this interview.

You are very welcome, I love reading your work as you know.

Have you always lived in the city, are you a born and bred citified or did you originate from somewhere else and if so how did you land where you are? Is there a story there to be told that you wish to share?

I grew up in a large suburb just outside of a major city. I moved to the city I'm in now a few years ago for career- related reasons– nothing too exciting to share there haha

I love cities – not that I have anything against the country, but I've always been attracted to the romance of big city life.

How did you feel when you first found out you were being featured?

When I first found out I was going to be featured I was excited – still am! It really has been, and continues to be, a wonderful experience.

Did it make a great deal of difference to your reads and did you get more comments?

Yes, within the first few days of being featured my reads and comments increased significantly. I think the feature gives your work a sort of legitimacy – whether that's deserved or not is another question – that Wattpad readers respond to positively.

How did you discover Wattpad?

I read an article about Wattpad, and decided to check it out. It sounded like a fun place to interact and share stories – I wasn't disappointed!

When did you start writing? Was there something that happened in your life that made you feel the need to write or have you always had a passion to write?

I started writing fiction for fun like this about three years ago, I believe. I don't exactly remember why. I always had a passion for stories and for storytelling, and I suppose I wanted to try my hand at creating one. It's difficult to say because I don't really think of myself as a "writer" exactly. Moons Made of Muskets and its sequel Stars made of Swords are more like fun story worlds I get to visit a few days a week.