Kelly Anne Blount - Interview

I would like to introduce you to the lovely, friendly and incredibly talented Kelly Anne Blount if you haven't come across Kelly on Wattpad yet, where have you been hiding?

Kelly is a USA Today and Amazon Bestselling Author, Wattpad Star, Wattpad Ambassador and last but not least HOST OF THE WATTPAD BLOCK PARTY. Yay yay yay

Kelly lives I believe in Asheville, North Carolina and is the bestselling author of Captured, Shade, Under, Grishma, Ayla, Impassioned, The Dentist and Other Terrifying Short Tales (in progress), Order of the Mist (in progress), and Solutus (in progress).

Thank you for kindly agreeing to undertake this interview. Welcome to my Beach Hut Café. I'm sorry for the mess, it's currently undergoing a refit so I can fit a pool table in. Let's get ourselves comfortable as we settle down in our virtual café in our comfy chairs. Now I'll order.

What are we drinking? Coffee? Tea? Or a glass of wine? Or are we going for champagne to celebrate your recent book Under being optioned? Would you like a cake or pastry? If so, which cake is your favourite? - Is there a memory attached to it that you would like to share?

Reply: Hey! I'm super excited to be here right now! I think a glass of champagne sounds wonderful! Cheers! ☺ Ooh... I love German Chocolate Cake as a very special treat! My mom makes it for me on my birthday! YUM!

Sounds delicious. I'll have some too.

Kelly's book Captured has been optioned as a film and very recently, she also shared the news that the Komixx Media Group has optioned her thriller/horror novel Under for film/TV.

Wow, this is amazing. How exciting. Are you able to divulge the up to date position, as I know I am personally dying to know? Can you disclose if these or any of your other books are going to be a Wattpad Studios Film production?

Reply: Thank you so much! I keep pinching myself! I feel so blessed and just incredibly grateful! Specific details are not quite ready to share yet, but I'll definitely let everyone on Wattpad know as soon as they are ready! ☺ My book CAPTURED has also been optioned. The talented Rami Rank, who also optioned AprylBaker7's series, THE GHOST FILES, has optioned CAPTURED. I'd love to work with Wattpad Studios in the future! Aron is so incredibly talented and knowledgeable, it would be a dream come true to work with Wattpad Studios.

I was just wondering Kelly, do you still reside in the same area; as you recently mentioned you were moving and packing boxes. Have you upped sticks and if so are you still surrounded by crates and brown cardboard? It's always a bit chaotic isn't it when you first move house?

Reply: We have officially moved into our new house! YAY! *insert happy dance* Not going to lie, I hate packing and unpacking, so I still do have loads of boxes around. My husband HATES all of the boxes filled with random stuff. LOL! Poor guy! Good thing he loves me so much! ☺ ☺ ☺ We also helped my mother-in-law and father-in-law move this past weekend. I'm pretty sore and tired, so I think that gives me a few more weeks before I need to unpack the rest of my boxes, right? ;)

How did you discover Wattpad and what made you post your story here rather than somewhere else?

Reply: I found Wattpad thanks to my amazing friend Apryl Baker (AprylBaker7)! After checking out the website, I immediately signed up and started writing CAPTURED. I shared each chapter after I finished writing it. The feedback and support from readers and fans was so incredible, once I started posting, I never looked back! ☺ Seriously, I love all things Wattpad!