Interview with D S Jamison

This interview first appeared in WattmagUSA in July 2016, for which I also write for.I would like to introduce you to the talented writer Darly a lovely lady who hails from Northwest, Ohio who is a Featured writer on Wattpad, involved in the Wattpad Star Programme and a Wattpad Ambassador.
You can access the draft version of her book Strawberry Wine on Wattpad and the longer revised version will be published by Kensington Publishing in 2017.Darly, has this wonderful easy to read style that just makes you turn so pages with ease. That is an art. We all have our style, and that is Daryl's. Her voice is clear, like an easy stream flowing. Then she gets you, just like a crocodile going in for the kill, so you jump right out of your skin! Anyone who has ever read Darly's work, will know that she always appreciates people leaving comments and always responds to you. She is always so very friendly and gives lovely supportive advice...................................................................................................

1.) What are we drinking? Wine? Coffee? Tea? Oh and are we having cake? If so, which cake is your favourite?- Is there a memory attached to it that you would like to share?

Hi, Kimberley! Thanks for inviting me today. I have to tell you, I'm not one to turn down cake, especially if there's chocolate on the menu! And what to drink... I'm finished working for the day and it's time to relax. I think I'll have a glass of wine, Moscato if they have it. Wine and cake always reminds me of times out with the girls, no specific memories come to mind, just lots of fun and laughter.

I'll pour two glasses of Moscato then, it would be rude not to join you Darly, here we go, chink chink and a slice of chocolate fudge cake to go with it.

2.) So is your book Strawberry Wine going to be made into a film? I
recall that I filled in a cast and everything online, it was really
fun too.

Thank you for your vote! Strawberry Wine has been nominated by a very kind reader on a website called If List, which is a platform for movie and casting ideas. It's a lot of fun because readers can add their favorite books or vote on books already posted, whatever they'd like to see end up on the big screen. And yes, you can make cast suggestions, too! Honestly, I have no idea how serious the site is but it's been great to see my story climb in the ranks. And the way I look at it, the higher my book advances the more people will discover it. If you think about it, it's a great way to advertise.

3.) How excited are you that it will be published February 2017 and are
you allowed to say if any of your other books will be published too?

I am so excited for the release of Strawberry Wine, I still can't believe it! I'm working with an amazing editor at Kensington Publishing and she's been so supportive and encouraging regarding the revisions I've made. When my manuscript won The Write Affair contest last year, it sat at about 38,000 words. I was asked to write an additional 40,000 words to make it the length of a typical romance novel. I have no plans to pitch any of my stories that are currently on Wattpad but my editor did recently ask to see another romance. I've had an idea rolling around in my head for the past year, something I planned to write someday. I'm going to start working on that and see if she likes it. Fingers crossed!

4.) How did you enjoy writing a screen play and how was it different to
writing a story?

I've actually never written a screenplay before but it's something I've always wanted to do. I'm looking into taking a class on it here real soon. I think novel writing versus screenplay writing share similar story structures but with screenplay writing you get to see your characters and plot come to life in a very real way, especially once actors are involved. And how awesome would that be?!