Chapter 2

Hey guys, so bad news, I just got back from the Duke Hospital. My sister had a brain tumor when she was a baby, but she was fine, until now. Tori has had a nonstop migraine since a week before Christmas, she hasn't been able to keep anything down. Last night as she was working on her college homework at the table, she had a seizure. She was in the seizure for about 5 minutes. Then an ambulance took her to a smaller hospital where she had two more seizures. I hadn't slept in 24 hours, but she's still in the hospital but my parents made me come home. So I'm sorry if this is a really crappy update, but I needed to do something to get my mind off of it. So here's the chapter.

Carina

As Carina tried to focus on the book in her lap, the compartment door suddenly opened to reveal two other first years.

"Hey, I'm Hestia Jones, and this is Benjy Fenwick. Can we sit here?" the girl asked.

"Sure, I'm Carina Black, " She said nervously shaking the girl, Hestia's outstretched hand. The train had only been in motion for about 5 minutes.

"How come this one looks so.... old Benj'?" Hestia asked looking around at the obviously worn cabin.

"How am I supposed to know Hestia?" Benjy asked turning to her.

"So, what do you think about blood purity" Hestia blurted out, which shocked the girl, causing her to drop the book she was reading. This reaction caused her to continue,

"I'm sorry, don't mean to be forward, but I'm a pureblood and Benjy's a muggle-born, and I have to know."

"Oh, my family is big on blood purity," Carina answered, she paused, "but, I don't believe in it. I think that as long as you have magic then you belong here." She finished, finally putting away the book.

They continued to talk to one another about anything and everything, until they felt the jerk of the train, coming to a stop. As the trio got off of the train they heard a teacher calling all first years to the boats on the lake. Hestia pointed, "That's the Black Lake, there is rumored to be a giant squid living in those very waters." Hestia continued to look around at everything like the rest of them.

As Carina walked in front of Hestia and Benjy, Hestia kept trying to steal the journal that Benjy was drawing in. "Come on just give me one little peek..." she pleaded with him.

"No, it's not done yet!" he said using his height against her.

"Come on guys, let's go I'm not missing the boats because of your bickering." She said before grabbing their arms and pulling them over to the Black Lake.

"I guess she's right Benjy we shouldn't be fighting, I forgive you!" , she said happily before jumping in the boat, "Hestia you don't want to do tha-" Carina tried to warn the hyper girl when a loud splash sounded. Everyone turned in their seats to see Hestia emerging from the water, her long, unruly, blonde hair plastered to her face, as well as her robes dripping water.

"Jones!" An older man who was leading the boats to the castle yelled.

"Yes...?" She said trying to get out of the water, which resulted in her falling. Carina ran forward to help her while Benjy bent over, clutching his stomach and laughing. Rushing in the water to help her may not have been the best idea as it got the bottom half of her soaked because Hestia pulled her in 'on accident'.

"Oh shut up Benjy! I bet you wouldn't be laughing if you were me right now!" Hestia said angrily, shaking her hair out like a dog, hitting him in the face. And then Carina noticed, her hair wasn't blonde anymore, it was scarlet red and curled.

"No, but you'd be laughing if you were me watching this happen," he said finally gaining control of his laughter.

"You, young lady! What is the meaning of this?!?" A grumpy man said storming towards them from the castle.

"What got his panties in such a twist?" She whispered into Carina's ear and she had to bite back her laughter.

"I'm sorry sir I forgot that you couldn't jump into boats." She said, a smile present on her face.

"Very well but now you are all late for the Sorting Ceremony, hurry and get in a boat," he looked to the old professor who didn't have very many limbs left "and go quickly please, " he said curtly before taking the long walk back up to the castle. As she climbed into the boat she saw her brother in a boat with a short chubby kid with blonde hair, a boy with a sling on who had brown hair, and a boy with jet black hair that was unruly.

As they began the trek she decided to question her about her hair later, as Carina was too captivated by the scenery.

Ok, so this was 903 words. I'm so sorry for this being so late. Like it said at the beginning of this chapter, I've been dealing with some crap right now. I know this was short but hopefully, you liked it. Leave a comment, vote, and please keep reading. ^-^
Lots of Love,
Jazzy