Chapter II

Minnesota's POV

I stared down at the phone in my hand, mentally going over the conversation I just had with Delaware. "Call the cheese head and calm down South," I mumbled, "easier said than done." I glanced over at the quietly crying state to my left. South was sitting on the couch, curled up. It looked like he was trying to become part of it or just disappear.

I sighed, before turning my attention back to my phone, and calling Wisconsin. Wisconsin was like the unofficial leader for all the midwest states. After two rings he picked up.

"Minnesota."

"Hello, Wisconsin."

"This must be important, considering that you aren't calling me that stupid nickname. What's happened?"

"Just come to the Midwest state house as fast as possible."

"I'll be there in a little bit, I expect an explanation when I get there."

"You'll get one," I answered, glaring out the window, not really looking at anything. The sound of the call ending reached my ears causing me to lower the phone from my ear and put it in my pocket. Then I focused my attention on the silent state on the couch. I sat down, gently pulled him into a hug. "Hey, shhhh... It's ok, South, we'll get him back." Especially since we... No, there wasn't anything we could have done.

"Y-you promise?" South whispered.

"I promise," I answered, not letting my voice show how worried and scared I really was.

Suddenly the burst open, and 13 states and 8 countries entered. Quickly, I let go of South, having no intention of letting the other states see me hugging anyone. A few seconds later the cheesehead entered as well.

"What's going on? Why is South so upset? And where's North? The two are practically attacked at the hip, so it doesn't make any sense that they're not together..." Slowly he stopped talking noticing how South's expression continued to get more and more depressed with each question.

"Alfred is missing and so it seems is North Dakota," Delaware informed him, taking charge.

Cheesy stared at him, mouth hanging open, "What?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Wish~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

America's POV

I kept still, trying not to aggravate my injuries, which weren't healing like they were supposed to. That meant the people who had done this weren't just human, they were a country, but which ones, I didn't know.

I slowly raised my head as a voice and some footsteps approached. By now, I could make out what the voices were saying.

"LET GO OF ME, YOU FUCKERS!"

Is... that?

"YOU FUCKING BASTARDS! I SAID PUT ME DOWN!"

Please... Please don't be who I think it is.

"I'LL KILL YOU, BASTARDS!"

I could now see them (barely, it's fucking dark in here, dude, and I don't know where my glasses are), the silhouettes of three people. They entered the big room, pulling over the cursing and struggling state. The state, North Dakota if the voice and cursing was anything to go by, was put across from me, on the other side of the room. The two that had brought him in quickly left, obviously not liking the job they had just did. Hopefully one of them had at least a big bruise on a leg or something.

I turned my attention back to the state, doing my best to see how hurt he was. "Who else is in here with me?" he asked, trying cover up the fear in his voice with anger.