Chapter Five-Broken Bones

Start from the beginning

"Well that's definitely broken, I can see that. Now where exactly it is broken, I will need a X-ray for that. You're in luck though, a group of killjoys just dropped one off one of those portable ones last week. (I have no clue if there's such thing as a portable X-ray, there probably isn't and I don't have wifi to check. But this is the future, even though 2019 is only two years away now, so let's pretend there is one) Come and follow me to the back room, that's where I keep all my medical equipment."

I slowly hop of the bed and follow him until I see a big room filled with all sorts of gadgets.  Killjoys must come here all the time with stuff for him.

He points to a bed in the middle of the room, the one that you would normally see in a doctors office, and tells me to sit. I do as I'm told and place myself on it while he brings over this weird flat screen. Must be the portable X-ray.

"Now this is the kind that doesn't give off any radiation, so you don't have to worry about that, and I'm going to need you to lay down so I can have your legs straight."

I lay myself back and then hear him tapping the screen, a pause, then some beeping sounds.

"Okay I'm done now, you can sit up."

I sit up and see that he's holding the screen in front of me.

"As you can see, your foot and ankle are pretty messed up. You broken it in multiple places."

He then points to six different places. Yikes.

"I can give you a cast and crutches, but I just want to know, how did you break it?"

Oh no, the question I was dreading.

"W-well I w-was in factory t-trying to get a-away from s-som-something and the on-only exit was a w-window so I j-jumped from it a-and landed in-incorrectly."

That seems like a good enough answer.

"Do you know what you were trying to get away from?"

Fuck. Welp it's time to lie.

"N-no sir."

"Hm interesting story. And stop with that sir business, makes me feel old. Just call me Dr. D."

"O-okay si-I m-mean Dr. D."

"So rainbow girl, what is your name since we're getting acquainted."

"B-brutal Scene, or j-just Brutal."

"Well okay then just Brutal. Let's get that cast on."

********************

Dr. D put an electric green cast on me that stretched from my upper shin to almost the tip of my toes, and it matched my jacket perfectly.

"So just Brutal, I'm sorry to say this, but you cannot stay here. But I can have my best group of killjoys look after you until you heal. Their group is known as the Fabulous Four."

Oh no, people. This is very bad. I'll just go with it until he goes to sleep, then I can escape.

"O-okay Dr. D-D. That s-sounds good t-to me."