Extra Part 1

DREW THOMSON

Kasen, my five year old son, stares at me with his blue eyes, "Dad, why was mom screaming last night? It sounded like she was in pain-"

Nicole couldn't conceive, so we had to adopt him last year when he was four. His birthday just passed last month.

"Oh, uh, son. That's a talk for another time," I smile widely, and his face turns even more confused.

"What do you mea-"

"Drew! Drew, come here!" I hear my wife's voice coming from the bathroom.

"I'll be right back, Kasen," I say, getting up from my seat, but not before kissing his forehead.

Nicole's face was held with happiness, confusion, and fear. I walk towards her, and place a hand on her waist, pulling her towards me slightly.

"What's wrong-"

She shoves a plastic thing in my face that looked sort of like a pregnancy-

"You're pregnant?!" I shout, and Nicole gives me a look of excitement, nodding her head, "I thought it wasn't possible-"

"Apparently it is! Oh my gosh, Drew! We're having another kid!" She exclaims with happiness.

I hug her as she clutches the pregnancy test in her hand, wrapping her arms around my neck as I hug her waist.

"This is so exciting, Kitten," I never lost my nickname for her, even if we were twenty-seven.

"Uh oh," she pulls away from me, giving me a sick look.

I tilt my head, "Are you oka-"

She was already bending over the toilet, throwing up.

"Oh- Oh my gosh," I quickly rush towards her, pulling her hair back for her.

I start to rub soothing circles on her back, and she groans in pain. When she's finished, she wipes her mouth with toilet paper, and quickly gets up to wash her mouth out with water from the sink.

"Nine months to go," she sighs with a tired expression.

I chuckle, "I love you, Kitten."

She smiles, "I love you, too, Drew."