16. Brain Confessions

A/N "Sometimes I imagine things I know will never come true. And sometimes I imagine me and you together."

NICOLE GOLD

"Yeah, I know," I reply over the phone.

I hear my mother sigh on the other line of the contraption, "Alright, Nicole. Don't be late."

"I won't be. Since when am I late?" I smirk.

I can already imagine the dark glare coming from my mothers eyes, "Just be there, Nicole," She hangs up without even a goodbye.

"I love you too, Mother," I mutter under my breath.

"I'd love to know what that phone call was about," I hear Drew's voice disperse from behind me.

I turn around and look at up at his tall form, "She needs me to set up a 'Welcome back' party for my father."

I sigh as I place myself on the couch, "I have to be there tomorrow morning to help her set everything up."

We've been doing this every year now, considering my father always ends back up at the hospital each year. He's an alcholic and drug abuser. But my mother still loves him dearly, and still throws these parties each year.

"Your father's out of the hospital?" Drew places himself right next to me.

I nod my head, "Yeah, tomorrow he will be."

"That's great. Can I go with you?" He asks me, giving me an excited glint.

I chuckle at his childish tactics, "Sure, Drew."

He smiles at me, "So, what do you want to do today in the mean time?"

He gives me a loose smirk, sending a small shiver down my spine. I look back at him, and I smirk back.

"Anything you want, baby," I purr.

His eyes widen as he scoots forward, and recovers from my response, "Anything?" he raises an eyebrow.

I scoot closer, "Anything," I whisper.

I couldn't handle it anymore, and I scoot away from him and laugh my guts out. He gives me a deep pout, glaring in my direction.

"Damn.. I was hoping you were serious," He pouts.

I laugh, "As if."

He glares at me once more, before quickly grabbing my waist and pulling me on his lap. My legs on either side of his body, as my arms are around his neck for support.

My eyes grow wide as I shut up.

He raises an eyebrow, smirking in my direction, "What was that, Kitten?" He purrs back.

He moves his head closer to mine, and I can almost taste his minty breath on my tongue as he grazes my face with his dark blue eyes. My green ones stare back at him, and I fall into his trap of captivation.

My heart is racing, and hands are trembling as I feel his body heat under mine.

He drags me closer, wrapping both of his arms around me. He rests his forehead on top of mine, and I fight the urge to move in closer to him to place my lips on his own.

His eyes fall onto my own lips as I bite my bottom lip. His breath hitches as he feels me moving in closer.

He looks back up at me, and then back down at my lips, as if asking for permission.

I grant him permission by nodding my head. He slowly starts to move in closer, until my phone starts ringing again.

Ring Ring Ring Rin-