26. Look After You

A/N "The worst part of it all, is that I'm still in love with you."

The dress is Nicole's Bridesmaid's dress. An authors note in the middle of the chapter will tell you when to play the song :)

NICOLE GOLD

Today is the day.

Today is the day that Lisa Taelor, becomes Lisa Delarosa.

I look at my bridesmaids dress, and sigh in contempt. The beautiful, light pink lace was covering my shoulders, and the puffy part of the dress hung right on my knees. The dress gave me a pure, innocent look that flattered me.

I hear a click of the door, "Nicole, are you-"

Lisa stops mid-sentence when she catches sight of me. Her eyes start to tear up, "It's been years since I've seen you so dressed up before. It's been years since I've seen you at all actually. You're so beautiful."

I hug her, "Hey.. It's your day," I pause, "I hope you're happy with him."

Lisa looks up at me, "I am."

She pulls away from my embrace, and I take a look at her, "Is the makeup waterproof?" I say with wide eyes, trying to wipe away her tears.

"Obviously," she scoffs, shooing my hands away, "It's my wedding day. Of course I'm going to cry."

I chuckle, "Are you ready to put your dress on?" I ask, and she smiles softly with such carefulness.

"I'm born ready," She smiles.

***

The long, loose wedding dress fit perfectly on her. And watching her walk down the aisle as I stand here in my light pink bridesmaid's dress, I can't help but imagine what it would be like to be in her position. To be undeniably in love with someone. To get married with the love of your life, as you walk down the aisle, overlooking your life. Overlooking everything, and saying, 'This is the one'.

My eyes land on Drew, who was already looking at me. His light blue eyes stay focused on me, and his body looks very lean, and buff. His tuxedo is quite good looking on him, and suddenly a surge of confidence rushes through me as I stand there, staring back at Drew. The boy I lo-like.

I pull a confused face.

What was I just about to think? Do I love Drew? No..

I can't. I'm not one to love people. I can't love people. Never have, never will, never could.

But.. Maybe he is the one. Maybe I do love him.

My eyes snap away from Drew, afraid he might see right through me. When Lisa's feet land on the platform, I look at her wonderful form, and I look at the man she's marrying. His name is Charley Delarosa. He has dirty blonde hair, and brown eyes. Lisa talks about him a lot when we're on the phone. He's staring at Lisa as if she was magical, as if he couldn't believe she was real.

Lisa smiles proudly at the boy in front of her, and he smiles back, just as proud. Maybe even a little more proud.

I want a boy to look at me as if I was magic.

My eyes snap back towards Drew, and he's listening to something a little girl is saying to him, as he sits down when told. I recognize the little girl as Cali. Her full name is California. I know, it's quite weird. She hates being called California. She's Lisa's friend's daughter, A.K.A., Penelope.

Drew's eyes smile back at the little girl, and she tries to stiffle a laugh when he whispers something in her ear, trying not to interrupt the ceremony. Cali sits down next to Drew, and she shushes him. I can see his shoulders shake as he chuckles quietly. His eyes divert from her, to me. And that's when I see it.