Chapter Fourteen

*TRIGGER WARNING!! Child abuse*

Chapter Fourteen

“What do you MEAN you didn’t run after him!” Sams outraged cry just about shook Bobbys car. The two brothers were safely inside, on their way to the old hunters house, when Sam had questioned how Deans day had gone, after, of course, answering Deans question about his. Dean, Well aware of Bobby who was not aware of Deans “newfound” interest in males until now, had spilt the beans and told a condensed version of his hectic afternoon, being sure to emphasize the point he was kissed and did not kiss back. He had censored “that person he was dating” s gender, too concerned about how Bobby might take it. Sam, however, who saw no issue with Dean liking guys and figured the rest of the world shouldn’t either, or they could answer to his five foot whatever frame (Which admittedly packed a bigger punch than expected), had blown Deans gender censor out of the water, and Dean couldn’t help but glance back up nervously at Bobby, who didn’t appear to be listening, but Dean knew well enough that he was.  

“I couldn’t chase him down in the middle of school and make this huge scene Sammy!” Dean defended himself, hoping his brother wouldn’t point out the blush that had tinted his cheeks at the mere mention of Castiel.

“Of course you could! People LOVE scenes! That’s what they live for Dean. Movies THRIVE off of that stuff!” Sam threw his hands up in the air, clearly tired of Deans lack of knowledge on social/romantic concepts. Dean shot his brother a look and rolled his eyes before continuing.

“You do, clearly. Castiel isn’t a draw attention to me kinda guy. He would have hated me more if I had run after him! I’ll just.. keep trying to text him. It’s okay, things’ll work out.” Dean muttered, not so sure of himself the longer he talked.

“You’ve gotta make it up to him. Big time.” Sam said simply, crossing his arms.

“Since when did YOU become my relationship consular?”

“Since you showed you clearly couldn’t manage one. And no, sleeping with someone doesn’t count.”

“Oh, freshman thinks he’s so smart, huh? Don’t get too cocky, I can still kick your ass five times over.” Dean said, smiling as he pushed his smirking younger sibling. “And bake a pie while doing it.”

“No you couldn’t.” Sam insisted, laughing as he pushed Dean back. The car fell quiet soon after that, the hunters lapsing into the well-known atmosphere of a long road trip. Bobbys place wasn’t all too far away, but a few hours were still a trek for two teenagers, especially Dean and Sam. Bobby, the old softy he was as a hunter was kind enough to put on music for the boys and not complain when their obnoxious snores filled the car. But damn Sam was a loud one.

Castiel had hardly made it through the school day, what little remained left, but once he made it out of those steal doors, everything broke loose. He made it half a block before tears started falling out of his eyes, dripping onto the icy sidewalk below him. Everything ached. Every inch of him was in pain. How could Dean do this?

Castiel had always been a very independent person. He enjoyed that about himself-there was never a need to have anyone else anywhere near him.  He needed not a shoulder to cry on nor a hand to hold. There was no pat on the back for an accomplishment, but plenty of shameful looks for failures; something the Novk boy had learned to deal with throughout the years.

But then came along Dean. The Winchester boy with eyes that, when he was happy, shown a green Castiel had yet to see on this plant which claimed to be the most beautiful thing in the universe it belong to. The same eyes showed such sadness, a deep darkened pain, sometimes within moments of the glowing. He had seemed so hidden, so closed off, so hateful of everyone and everything around him. But the boy instead opened his heart to Castiel, showed him the emotion he wouldn’t expose to the others in the world, and taught him that it was okay to do the same. He had finally open up again.