x27x

"Where's the Boss man?" Andres asked as he and Skye took a seat at the table for a late breakfast, or early lunch. I bit my lip and looked down. Everyone was at the table but him, Sumer, Cheshire, Warren, and Cariba. And then, they walked in—well, Warren did, and Cariba was on his back.

"Enjoying yourself?" Skye giggled.

"Very much," Cariba beamed as she slid off of his back and onto the chair. "Where's Zaine?"

No one answered because no one knew.

"Maybe he failed to train himself while he's dictating the rest of us?" Indica suggested.

"He was up super early," Jane informed, but left it at that.

"So were the rest of us," Indica reminded but no one replied to her.

"We're supposed to do combat today and he's not even here," Anthony reminded.

"Neither is Cheshire," Andres added. He looked over to me. "Know where he is?"

I shook my head no.

"Interesting seeing as he's only spent time with her while we've been here," Indica commented, wanting to gain attention that no one gave.

"Do you know where Zaine is?" Wilbur whispered to Warren.

"Uh, n-no..." Warren lied. Cariba smirked and looked over to him.

"Where is he?" she asked.

"I saw him leave with Cheshire and Sumer this morning," he confessed as if he couldn't do so to me.

"Where did they go?" Anthony asked.

"I don't know," Warren sighed. Cariba gave him a persistent look and he got offended by that. "I really don't!"

Suddenly, Jane dropped the Tablet onto the table and she blinked a few times like Sumer had on the plane.

"They're downtown," she informed, standing up and making everyone else do the same.

After a brief ten minutes of getting ready, Jane, Isaac, and I emerged on the porch in front of the mansion, ready to go find the trio downtown, but we saw a Ford Escape pulling up to the circle drive way. Sumer stepped down from the passenger side, Cheshire came from around the back seat and the door closest to us was still unopened, and I saw someone in the driver's seat. Suddenly, the back seat's passenger side door opened and Zaine stepped out. Then who was driving?

"We found someone...or rather, he found us," Cheshire greeted.

"We found each other," Sumer rephrased and then after the driver's door shut, a new, attractive boy approached us. He had a tall, thin body with short, dark hair that you could tell was curly if grown out. From a distance, you could see his intense colored eyes more than anything he wore, but it wasn't hard considering he wore dark jeans and a black hoodie. His eyes gazed over everyone as he stopped before the porch and everyone had gathered around.

"Hi, I'm Chance Noble..." he greeted and then his eyes fell on me. "Nice to finally meet you."

=XXX=

We all waited as Jane, Zaine, Cheshire, and Sumer sat across from Chance. Andres and Warren had their ears pressed to the door to attempt at hearing the conversation. Thankfully, ever since yesterday, I had regained some of my brother's powers and I could hear the muffled conversation.

"So my grandfather left you all journals?" Chance asked after they had explained all that happened at the Academy.

"Yes. How to develop and all," Cheshire confirmed.