x12x

I had taken a nap on board, thankfully there was an aisle with seats along the side—making me think even further that this came out of an X-men comic—and all I knew was that we were in the air. I woke up and realized that I fell asleep in Wilbur's lap and that he was also asleep. I sat up without waking him and noticed that Cariba was playing with a glass of water, juggling the particles, making it swim in and out of the cup. She lightly smiled over to me but refused to break concentration. But then, the water evaporated due to the ball of fire that was designed beneath it by Warren, who was sitting across from her with Indica across his lap. Isaac was sitting idly by, reading some book. Skye was on the same side as me, looking out of the window even though I was sure we were over a body of water still. Zaine was still in the pilot's seat with both hands on the wheel and Jane was sitting beside him, reading off the radar and she had books stacked on the dash. Behind the seats, the twins sat with Cheshire, playing some card game, but as many times as my sleep was interrupted, I knew that his card games were never won when they involved Cheshire.

We hit a bump of turbulence and then I saw Jane reach over to Zaine's panel and push a button that chirped. He looked over to her and she rolled her eyes and nodded towards the rest of us. She unbuckled her belt and then stood up to face us all. I nudged Wilbur awake and he questioned me with his eyes.

'What happened while I was asleep?'

'I don't know. I was asleep too.'

Great.

Jane grabbed a book off of her pile and waited as Zaine unhooked each belt that strapped him in and he spun around in the pilot's chair, making Cheshire lose his source of balance since he was kneeling against it. He glared up at Zaine, but it went unnoticed.

"Where are we going?" Anthony asked.

"And more importantly, are we there yet?" Andres added.

"We're over the Pacific," Cariba informed, but that was all. Zaine looked over to Jane and I saw something like sadness in his eyes for some reason.

"I was reading the books Sentara left us and—"

"Great. We're not even at school and we have a literature lesson," Indica complained.

"Shh," I shushed at her and she narrowed her eyes at me. I looked back at Jane, who gave me eyes of gratitude.

"Apparently, Professor Maxwell has a grandson that—"

"Wait, Maxwell has a grandson?" I asked.

"Maxwell had kids?" Anthony asked.

"Ew. Someone reproduced with him," Andres noticed, repulsed.

"Is he hot?" Indica asked.

"Maxwell, or his long-lost grandson?" Andres asked her.

"His grandson of course," Skye answered. This time, Andres looked away from her with the same disclosure as if he didn't want her to be asking about some other guy.

"Who cares?" Cariba asked.

"Well unlike you, some of us plan on getting out of this Academy and having a life so—"

"Shut up!" Wilbur, of all people, yelled with an ear-piercing squeal beneath it and then they shut up with their fingers in their ears in fear.

"Thank you," Jane told him. "As I was saying, he has a grandson somewhere in the U.S. and his name is Chance Noble."

"Okay...and?" Cheshire asked for relevance.

"He has the power to make all of this go away and never happen," Jane said. Then, everyone shifted in their seats and got more interesting.