How Do I Tell Him? [Levi X Reader]

requested by: @Fandom-Before-Blood

Your phone rang once, twice, thrice, and then it stopped. Seconds later, it began again.

Once. Twice. Thrice. Pause. Once. Twice. Thrice. Pause.

On the tenth ring, you reached over to the landline and took the phone. You held it to your ear and sighed, "Hello?"

"(F/n)! You finally answered," A familiar voice commented, obviously relieved that you picked up the phone. Your brother, Eren, was fond of checking in on you. As you were about to speak, your significant other, Levi Ackerman, entered the living room. With a yawn, he approached you and kissed the top of your head lovingly. You smiled, but turned your attention back to the phone as you questioned Eren, "I assume you called for a reason?"

"I did," He paused, shuffling around a bit in the background before proceeding, "because I was thinking about visiting this weekend on Saturday."

Your eyes widened a fraction, and Levi gave you a concerned look. You pointed at the small calendar that was hanging on the fridge in the kitchen, and Levi grabbed it for you. You scanned the days quickly, landing on the date of yours and Levi's anniversary date. The same day that Eren chose to visit. For the past six or so years, Eren was attending college in Italy while you chose to live in Seattle. During those six years, you met Levi. After dating for two of those years, Levi proposed to you the same date he asked you to be his girlfriend, and you eloped not too long after that.

The thing was, you never told Eren about Levi.

It never came up. Eren never asked about your relationship status, and you never asked about his. It was a mutual feeling, but you couldn't help but feel guilty for keeping it a secret for so long. You choked back a stutter as you responded to Eren, "This weekend? Why now, all of a sudden?"

"Well, I still have two years left to go before I graduate. Waiting the full duration is just too long, and I really miss you," Eren explained on the phone, causing a small smile to form on your lips. Levi sat down next to you, and he caught your attention immediately. He mouthed the words, "Who is it?"

"Eren," You breathed, both to Levi's question and to your brother on the other end of the call, "I think this weekend is-"

"I already bought the plane ticket out, so there's no argument about it," Your brother stated, and you could hear the victorious smile on his face. A twinge of panic rose in your chest, and you stammered, "E-Eren this is-"

"We'll have to talk more about it later. I have to get to class," Eren said quickly, and you heard the sound of wind in the speaker of the phone. You sighed in defeat and agree to talk later, and the call ended. Levi asked curiously, "What was that?"

"Eren's visiting on our anniversary," You explained, standing from the couch as you ran your hands through your (h/c) hair. Levi didn't waver a bit, and he stated nonchalantly, "I don't see a problem with that."

"I haven't told him." Your blunt statement caught Levi off-guard, and he raised an eyebrow at you. He sat up straighter on the couch, and he questioned, "Excuse me?"

"I...haven't told Eren that we got married," You mumbled, earning silence from Levi. You avoided eye contact, and you began to mess with your hands. Neither of you spoke for quite a bit, and you felt tears welling up behind your eyes. Levi finally broke the silence, "You're joking."

After receiving no response from you, Levi exhaled heavily. He stood and lightly grabbed your chin, making you look at him. He said in a reassuring tone, "We can tell him this weekend. I love you, alright?"

"I love you too," You breathed, thankful that Levi wasn't mad at you. As it was, Eren wasn't going to take the news too well. However, having Levi to support you made the situation less intimidating. Maybe it wouldn't be as hard as you thought.

-

The airport wasn't too packed, as it was extremely early in the morning. You yawned and leaned on Levi's shoulder as you both sat on a bench outside of the gate Eren was supposed to be coming from. You grabbed Levi's hand, and he gave yours a small squeeze as he asked, "Nervous?"

"Just a bit," You mumbled tiredly, watching the gate. You immediately perked up when you saw people pooling out, and you stood from the bench, pulling Levi with you. You searched the crowd for your brother, and you smiled when you finally spotted him. Levi let go of your hand so you could rush towards Eren. Eren smiled at you and picked you up, spinning you in a circle with ease. You giggled and said, "It's so good to see you again."

"Obviously. I'm amazing," Eren stated cheekily, setting you onto the ground. You felt another arm wrap around your waist, and Levi greeted your brother, "(F/n) talks about her favourite brother quite often. It's good to meet you."

"Let me guess. You are my baby sister's partner," Eren guessed, shaking Levi's hand politely. You nodded, confirming that Eren was right. You formally introduced them, "Eren, this is Levi. Levi, this is Eren."

"You must be doing a better job than most. She's been a lot happier than she used to be," Eren pointed out, ruffling your (h/c) hair playfully. You giggled a bit, and you assured Eren, "We take care of each other. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, though."

"I kind of figured. You talk different when you're in a relationship," Your brother teased, causing you to blush a bit. Levi chuckled lightly, and he said, "You must be tired from the time change."

"You have no idea," Eren sighed, readjusting his bag on his shoulder. You and Levi led Eren out to the car so you could get home. On the drive back, you couldn't keep your eyes off of Levi. He glanced at you and asked, "What?"

"Just like looking at you...I love you," You responded, giving your partner a fond smile. Levi chuckled, and he said, "I love you too."

"You guys are so married," Eren laughed from the backseat, and a blush creeped onto your cheeks. It really wasn't as hard as you made it out to be.

••••

Hi lovelies! Sooooo after AGES of not updating, here's another one-shot! I hope you kinda liked it, as it took me ages to finally finish. Writer's block and personal issues have been killing me lately, so I'm fairly proud of myself for finishing. I will try to get some more requests done as soon as I can.

That being said, I'm closing requests until I catch up on the ones that I already have.

That's all I have for now, so I will see you lovelies next time! Ciao!

[author-chan]