It's Dangerous [Levi x Titan Shifter!Reader]

requested by Hitsukarin

The fields were most peaceful at sunset, and that was the only time you could really catch a break. The constant stress of being part of the Scout Regiment was physically and emotionally taxing, so the free time in the fields was soothing. It was like no one could hurt you, and you couldn't hurt them. Having known about your titan shifting abilities, joining any other regiment was out of the question and only one person knew about it.

That person was Eren Jaeger.

Eren was the only other titan shifter you knew, and he was the only one who understood what it was like. Although a part of you wanted to tell the rest of your team, you just couldn't bring yourself to do as such. Especially when telling the team would include telling Levi. Despite the fact that Levi was a typically stoic and unexpressive man, he was always the most terrifying when mad. After keeping a secret this big for so long, there was no doubt that Levi would lose it.

That is why you found yourself laying in the fields, staring at the sky. An attempt to woman-up and finally tell Levi inevitably turned into you chickening out and retreating to the fields. Yet the peace didn't last long. Footsteps brought you out of your daze, and you focused your vision on the man looking down at you from where he was standing. You nodded a bit and greeted him, "Evening, Captain."

"Why the hell are you laying on the ground? It's filthy," Levi muttered, grimacing at the dirt on the ground. You shrugged at the question, and you told him calmly, "It gives me a better view of the sky. You should try it sometime."

Levi gave you an unamused look, causing you to shift uncomfortably under his gaze. He sighed heavily before hesitantly taking a seat on the ground next to you. You gave him a side glance while you took in the peaceful silence that fell around you. However, the silence was short lived as Levi commented, "You've been spending a lot of time with Jaeger, (f/n)."

"Have I? I don't think I've noticed." You scanned the clouds that were extremely dispersed across the sky. You felt Levi's eyes on you, but you remained as calm as could be. He suddenly questioned you, "Why do I feel like you're not telling me something, (n/n)?"

The sound of your nickname coming from Levi made you tense up. He only ever used it when he was going to tell you something personal or when he was bothered by something. Clearly spending time with Eren to talk about your titan shifting abilities failed to go unnoticed by the Captain you loved oh so much. Another minute went by, and the urge to tell Levi grew stronger.

But you couldn't do it.

You shook your head and you told him, "I've been talking to Eren because I can relate to him. Losing my mom was pretty hard, so I talk to him since he knows what it's like."

It wasn't a complete lie. You did lose your mother when the titans invaded your wall, so you could relate to Eren with that. Thankfully, Levi accepted the answer and stood up, holding his hand out to you. You scanned him quickly before taking his hand, allowing him to pull you up off of the ground. You were the same height as him, which was something Levi was proud of. He got enough short jokes and comments from Hanji on a daily basis, so someone his height made it a little better for him. He laced his fingers with yours and he spoke quietly, "You know I love you, right?"

"Course I do. You know I love you too, right?" You responded, squeezing his hand lightly. He hummed in confirmation, and he nodded as well. With that, Levi walked you back to headquarters where he left you at your bedroom door, giving your forehead a light kiss before disappearing into his office.

Laying in bed, you decided to think of your decisions. Not telling Levi about your ability was a risky thing to do, but telling him could be dangerous. As these thoughts drifted in your mind, you found yourself slowly drifting to sleep until finally, you were out.