1.06 ➵ H. D.

Billy promised me he would be right back

Billy promised me he would be right back. On the clock, it read 8:37. My mom would be here momentarily.
All of a sudden, a vehicle pulled out onto the side of my street. Billy stepped out, then headed inside.
"You ready?" He asked me. I had on the same outfit from earlier, so I guess you could say I was already dressed up.
"Yeah." I answered. He got a hold of my hand, leading me outside.
Where was he taking me?
He opened the car door, sustaining into a gentleman. He started the car, driving us away from my house.
I looked back- I never sneaked out before. I know I was home alone, but still. I never went outside at night before.
"Where are we going, Billy?" I asked him. He beheld a forming smirk across his face.
"You'll see." He answered.
It took him about twenty minutes to lead him to our destination, which was the video store in town.
We sneaked in from behind the back door, and into the place. When we walked in, it was vacant; the lights dimmed off, it was a spooky setting.
"Why was the back door unlocked?" I asked Billy, and he casually smirked.
"Randy may think he's a smart ass when it comes to movies, but he's not so sharp-witted when it comes to his job like he says he is." He informed, and I nodded. That must explain why Randy got fired twice from the video store.
When we sneaked into this back room, Billy and I were quiet as possible. We were like mice, and since the probability of security was extremely high, there was a prey-predator relationship there.
"What if we caught?" I susurrate out of curiosity, but Billy didn't respond at first.
"I know my ways." He concludes. I knew this reference was to his convicted, recent murdering. He told me to sit here, where I easily became a little anxious. What if someone walked in here all of a sudden? What if I got caught?
Luckily Billy returned, with three VHS tapes in his hand.
"So what Scream queen will it be? Jodie Foster from Silence of the Lambs, Jamie Lee Curtis from Halloween, or my personal favorite, Shelley Duvall from The Shining." Billy questioned, his voice humbled again.
"Can't go without a little Shelley footage from The Shining." I answered, and Billy formed a foolish grin, uprising the dimples in his cheeks.
"Good call." He praises, slipping the tape into the VHS player. Before the movie even started, Billy placed himself on a seat next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He ignited his lips against mine, and I felt something. It was like a fire sparking, heats uprearing as if it was beginning to light up.
I found myself on the floor under the table in this backroom. He smoldered me with passionate, minuscule kisses that I just couldn't bear to resist. The tension was tighter as he began to grind on me.
"May I?" He asked me, beginning to slip down my shirt. I didn't know what to say. We were alone in a video store. The chances of us getting caught were high, and with all of these investigations in town? We could really hit the new story.
"Yes." I spoke softly. He pulled down my shirt, and as I allowed him to nibble against my neck, I was viewing everything occurring in sight. My eyes peered to the tv, where the Torrences were driving to their lodge. However, a bulky, black shadow interrupted the movie when he stepped in front of the screen.
"Just what do you think your kids are doing?" He demanded, and Billy quickly turned around to face the officer.
"Officer I can explain-"
"Billy? We let you out, and this is what you intend on doing? Screwing a girl? You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. At night, in a closed place.."
He rambled on, scolding us the best to his ability. However, that didn't last long, when Billy pulled out his gloves, and before I knew it, he jabbed the officer with a knife, blood streaming down from his gut and onto the floor.
He gasped for breath, showing signs of him still living. My eyes met with the officers eyes, widening in complete shock. I stood up quickly but he grabbed a hold of my leg. I kicked him and headed behind Billy, who sliced him again, brutally.
"An encore stabbing. Shouldn't have interrupted, and shouldn't have grabbed you." He muttered.
"Billy, what do we do? You killed a police officer, and I witnessed it! We are going to be in so much tr-"
Billy paused me by grabbing a hold of me by my face, frightening me a little.
"Relax, babe. It'll be fine. I am educated to this strong level of the horror genre. I know what to do."
He planted his murder to look like someone else did it; he took a random shirt from out of the drawer, and planting it on the ground, smudging it with the blood.
"Now they'll think Randy did it. Come on." He hurried me along. I took care of the movies by quickly putting them back to their exact spots from where they were, put my shirt back on, and we headed to the car.
"Do you want something to eat before we go back?" Billy asked just in time as my stomach was growling like a raging lion just escaped his cage, roaring thunder metaphorically.
"Yes please." I said, and he pulled through a drive through. At that time after we ordered our food, which happened to be from In-N-Out, he continued driving, but he didn't exactly drop me off at my house. Instead he pulled up to a hill.
"Why did you take me here?" I interrogated him, being the first one to speak. He didn't speak anything at first, revealing his long specks of silence.
"I usually always come here. To get my mind off things, and other shit." Billy admitted, followed by him taking a ferocious, devouring bite into his burger. Even when he ate, I found it sexy. As his eyes locked with mine, there was that twinkled hint of sparkles I admired so much, with his hair drooping in front of his eyes, strand by strand. He truly identified the definition of the word perfection.
After we finished eating, not to mention the In-N-Out dinner was really good, we laid beside each other on top of the car and viewed the sky. It was a blood moon.
"You're a psychopath." I said with a smirk.
"I prefer creative." Billy smirked back at me, and ended our "date" you could say with many kisses.
Realizing it was late, I told him I had to head home, or else my mother was going to kill me.
When I headed home, she was already walked towards the door. Before I excited the car door, she kissed her date on the lips. I didn't leave, shockingly. I remained where I was, watching her kiss him. Not being Dad. She replaced him, I thought bitterly.
"You okay?" I spun around to see Billy still in the car, feeling bad I forgot his presence for a moment.
"Y-yeah." I stuttered, hesitant. I felt like as if I should rampage right now. Get the hell out of this damn vehicle and scream at my mother for forgetting Dad like that.
"I know how you feel..." I heard Billy mumbled, his eyes drifting to the steering wheel.
I pecked him on the cheek, and before I left, he turned me around to face him to kiss me back.
I sneaked up to my room, climbing my tree, and to my balcony, which to my surprise, I landed pretty successfully. I headed inside and threw myself into the covers, minutes splat. I pretended to sleep, and just in time Mom opened the door to come check on me. I felt her properly tuck me in, and she took my shoes off- shit. My shoes!
I pretended that didn't happened, as I felt her kiss my cheek. After I was sure she was gone, (confirming it later when she closed the door) I inspected my shoes for any signs of the event today. Shit, there was evidence.
My shoes, ended up showing a splatter of blood on the bottom. I hoped Mom didn't see them. I knew it was dark in my room- no lights in my room, nothing ignited. I could even tell my shoes had that small blood stain on the bottom of them.
I knew what this meant.
These had to be disposed.