36| the yule ball

Start from the beginning

"Oh. My. God." Harry whispered to himself.

"She looks beautiful." Pavarti Patil said in awe.

My ears seemed to drown out all the chatter the moment my eyes met with Draco Malfoy's. His eyes were wide and his smile was bright. When I finished descending the stair case, I kindly smiled at Harry, who seemed to be watching me in awe.

"Y/n..." Harry trailed, his mind leaving him speechless.

I smiled at the boy, "Hello, Harry."

"You look..."

Pavarti nervously laughed at Harry's inability to speak as she finished his sentence for him, "You look absolutely stunning, y/n. I love your dress."

"Thank you," I blushed. "Pardon me, but I must go find my date."

"Of course," Pavarti smiled, waving goodbye.

From beside her, Harry's eyes filled with hurt, but he proceeded to enter the Great Hall, turning back just once to see y/n make her way over to Draco Malfoy.

Spotting the blonde boy in the corner of the entrance, I stopped in front of him and smiled. He was wearing expensive black dress robes, and his hair was perfectly styled. Not too messy, but not too sharp. Might I say, Draco Malfoy looked handsome as ever.

"Draco Malfoy, is that you?" I joked as I approached him, taking in his entire appearance as if for the first time.

Draco's usual swagger seemed to vanish at the sight of me. He swallowed, "Um, yeah. That's he. I mean me. I'm Draco."

I smiled, my eyebrows raised as I extended a manicured hand. Draco didn't hesitate to take it, slowly bending down and placing a light kiss on the top of my hand.

After a moment, Draco spoke, "Y/n...you look gorgeous."

I felt myself blush as I smartly replied to the boy, "You don't look too bad yourself."

Draco's POV

As I leaned against the stone wall behind me, I felt my eyes shift down to my watch. It was my sixth time looking at my watch in four minutes. Where could she be?

The sound of gasping voices caused my eyes to shift upward towards the main staircase. To be honest, I almost couldn't recognize Granger as she descended towards Viktor Krum. With her hair pinned up and makeup complimenting her face, she did look quite different.

But all my thoughts were erased when y/n proudly made her way down. Everyone began to chatter.

"She looks so beautiful!"

"I love her dress!"

"Isn't that Y/N Clearwater?"

"Her date is a very lucky man."

I smiled to myself at the last comment. It was true, as I watched y/n step ever so elegantly down the staircase, I could feel excitement rush through my veins as a smile crept on my lips.

As she slowly made her way to me, I couldn't help but stare in awe. Of course, my words did not come out has they had planned as my nerves took over. But, after taking a deep breath, I was finally able to control myself.