Admittedly, though, I almost had to agree.

"You're going to be my stylist forever," I sighed to my friend, letting my hands slip down the silky material of the dress. It rippled nicely with the movement, flowing where it clung to every curve and dipping in the most flattering of places. When I had first stopped using my polyjuice potion so many months ago, part of me had mourned the loss of Alecia Longbottom's decidedly flat-chest; now, though, I really couldn't bring myself to mind.

"This is hardly going to be fair," I murmured, twisting around to peer carefully at my back– I generally avoided looking at it, at the long, thick scars that still ran down it– but the dress covered most of the damage. When I turned back to her, Lavender was smirking.

"Tell him if he rips that dress off of you, I expect he pay me back for it."

"Lavender," I hissed, skin blooming into a pink far deeper than the blush she had put on my cheeks. "That's not– we're not–"

Her eyebrow arched. "Not what? Don't tell me you're a virgin. Not that it's wrong or anything, but I just would've thought that that had happened a lon–"

"Lavender!" My voice was a squeak. She shut her mouth, and I took a moment to inhale deeply, wishing the pink out of my cheeks as I stared my friend down and said, "I'm not a... you know– not that that's any of your business– but we decided after we got engaged we wanted to try and wait... until after the wedding. For tradition, I guess."

"Ohhh." Lavender nodded, her pink lips pursed. Then– "15 galleons says you don't make it to July."

"Lavender!"

"I'm just teasing you!" She laughed, face breaking out into a smile. "I think it's sweet– traditions can be so overlooked, it's nice to see them embraced for once. Though now I do feel a little bad about how sexy you look, but... he'll deal, yeah?"

I didn't get to answer, cut off by the sound of the fireplace lighting up with someone's arrival– most likely, Draco's.

"Potter?"

Lavender looked at me with a wink, tapping the mirror with her so it shrunk down.

"Go knock him dead," she told me with a grin, and I rolled my eyes. I made sure to lift up the skirt of my dress to avoid tripping as I walked, the heels I wore pressing down along the carpeted hallway until I made it to the living room. He stood there, back to me and glancing out the window at the busy street before. I lingered where I stood, smiling a little at the suit he wore, well-cut and tailored specially for him. The image made my heart warm. Dropping my skirt so I could clasp my hands loosely in front of me, I gave a small cough, and he turned.

And froze.

Where they had just recovered from Lavender's teasing, my cheeks went pink again.

"You look..." Draco gave his head a small shake, grey eyes brilliant as they looked at me. "You look beautiful, Lily."

I grinned. "You think?"

He nodded. "Definitely."

On an impulse, I did a small twirl for him. "It's not too much?" I asked, knowing very well he wouldn't think so. And as predicted, he shook his head.

"It's perfect," he said, hand reaching out towards me, eyes taking a sweeping look over the gown in a way that had my heart skipping. I took his hand, stepping towards him as I did and grinning when he pulled me close, an arm wrapping around the small of my back. "Remind me to thank Brown later, but I believe we have a reservation to make."

"A reservation?" I raised an eyebrow. Draco nodded.

"For nine."

I frowned at him. "But it's barely even eight."