twenty-five

comment, vote, share
                          ➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

CHAPTER 25| EVELYN

HIS TOUCH WAS LIKE FIRE THAT HAD KISSED my skin, even after hours since he had pulled me towards him, his lips brushing against my neck and the brush of the stubble under his chin as he nestled his chin in the nape of my neck. I could still feel the sensation tingling against my skin, I wasn't sure if it was wrong or not. Things between us were still a bit of a blurred edge, he was still so unnerving and spontaneous. I craved him and at times I thought he did too. I stared up at our artificial sky we had created, half hoping he would come home and half hoping sleep would lull me to sleep. My eyes fluttered shut, I could smell his musk and feel our foreheads touching, his hands intertwined with my hair once Vic insisted that I leave so I don't get 'hounded' by their fans, his lips pulled into a drown his eyes fighting, his clothes smelled faintly of cigarettes and whisky but he himself smelled good. Is that creepy?

'I wish you didn't have to go' I whispered to him but mainly myself, the small pockets of time I had been spending with Kyle felt like perfect moments that I selfishly wanted to extend and have hours just talking again.

He chuckled bitterly.'Then ask me to stay.'I stared at him quizzically his eyes clouded he removed his hands from my hair slowly then rubbed his own neck almost defeated by himself. 'I'll be home in a couple of hours, Goodnight Eve. Don't force yourself to wait for me.' He looked at me with hard eyes, kissing my forehead before leaning down to the Black Cab doors, muttering 'You get her home safely.' He tapped the door as I sped off, I watched his figure slowly disappear and fade into the dark abyss.

It must've been at least 3am by the time Kyle walked (well stumbled) through the door, a giggle escaping his lips. My brows furrowed as I fumbled with the blankets to stand up and to see if he was alright. His long dark hair and casting a shadow over his face, Evan's arm wrapped around his waist pulling him up trying to somehow give him support. "Babe, hello" Kyle slurred with a sleepy grin on his face as I took the other side of him. "Eve did you wait for me?"

My cheeks flamed choosing not to even bother reply. "Sorry about him." I said apologetically as we slumped him in a chair haphazardly. Evan gave a rueful smile nodding towards the kitchen signalling me to meet him there.

"Mate, I'm gonna go get you something to drink, alright?" He said patting him on the shoulder without waiting for a response from either of us he took my elbow and dragged me into the kitchen, his grip fell from my arm as if he was expecting me to struggle. "Did you call him after you left?" Evan suddenly spoke, his eyes turning into narrow slits. Looks like asshole Evan has returned.

"No, why?"

"I swear Emma, if you're lying."

Again with my the 'Emma'? Not that we spoke without bickering but the quote is 'Know thy self, know thy enemy' not 'Know thy self, forget enemy's last name and replace it with a name with similar letters'. I mean for crying out loud, my name was closed to Evan than Emma.

"Im not. Now tell me what's wrong, what happened to him? He was perfectly fine when I left?" Evan stared into my eyes intensely as if somehow trying to become a human lie detector and decide whether I was lying or not. He paused sighing pinching the bridge of his nose almost backing down.

"All I know is about an hour after you left he took a phone call and came back proper pissed off, he didn't even show up to our after show - which as you can imagine is awkward in itself if 1 out of 4 of The Dirtbags don't show and the lead fucking Dirtbag himself turns up two hours later smashed out of his face." He explained trying to make sense of the whole situation still. His eyes constantly looking to the clock that was on the wall.

"Are you late for something?" I asked after a moment of silence. Evan glared at the clock then back to me.

"Family issues, I promised to pick up my sister from the hospital and 'relieve' her from her shift." He rolled his eyes checking his phone quickly before turning it off. "I'm going to quickly pick her up and drop her back home, if you need my help or if you're struggling with him just call me, alright? Don't hesitate. Just call me." He said in a very serious tone grabbing the stack of pens and notebooks out of the cupboard and scribbled it on to the paper. I can deal with it! I wanted to scream but he didn't know, he couldn't know. "Thank you." He blinked abruptly running out of the front door.

"Eve?"

Kyle was yelling for me in the other room, a chill shivered down my spine as his voice came closer until he was write behind me, his voice was quiet and smooth. "Eve." He whispered as his lips brushed against my ear, his hands brushed against my waist. With all my willpower I turned around in his arms pushing my hands out so he was a small distance from me. I didn't want him doing anything he would dismiss tomorrow or apologise for. Especially if he was only leading me on, as 'I just cant' seemed to be his explanation for everything currently.

"Yes, Kyle." Kyle physically shuddered, his lips pulled into a frown and his eyes rounded.

"There's so much I have to say to you," He began, his voice seemingly sober but his actions were drunk, flamboyant and carefree. "But if I do it'll ruin things."

"What things?" I ask curiously.

Am I taken advantage of a drunken man?

"Between us, Eve. I just want you so badly and not just in the innocent way the say it in those books you read. I've been thinking that this feeling I have is more than lust." He laughed playing with the ends of my hair. "'Cause as amazing as it'd be some days I just want to talk to you and only you but I can't have you."

"What do you mean?"

His eyes darkened his lips brushed against mine and I couldn't bring myself to pull away. "I'm too drunk to kiss you, I'm fucking this up enough sober I don't need to start fucking things up drunk as well. I don't know how to tell you this shit, sober or drunk apparently. I'm not good with words and poetry unless it's in a song apparently but when I'm with you I don't feel so damn lost. It's like being on stage but better and I think I'm going damn near insane since I know fuck all about you."

---

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ☝️☝️☝️🤗❤️
I hope you all enjoy it. It's like 1.30 am here and I have work in a few hours. (YAY - not) I may edit this chapter I'm not too happy with Kyle's last two paragraphs.

Any idea why Evan is so hostile towards Evelyn?

Does anyone actually like Arlo and Christa?

WHO WAS ON THAT PHONE CALL?

(Side note; thanks to everyone that read , liked and enjoyed Midnight Talks, I'm glad you all did. This book should only have around 15 chapters more max?! So we are almost at the end of 'Kylen' before they've even really began.)