"Yes if it wasn't for me he wouldn't have gotten that promotion and y'all wouldn't be-"

"What you trying to say?"

"Oh I told your father to give him that promotion-"

"Wait what?"

"You heard me correctly" she spat. "Instead of questioning me you should be thanking me"

Skylar stared at her mother as she bit the side of her cheek upset at what she just told her and how she said it. Instead of her arguing back and causing a scene she smile softly and said "Thank you"

Looking up again she made eye contact with the man from across the room for a few more seconds before looking away but watching him stand up, throw some money on the table, and leave out the corner of her eye. She folded her arms on top of the table and stayed to herself until it was time to leave.

Leaving the restaurant she walked over to where her car was parked seeing the man from inside leaning against the car in front of hers. Rolling her eyes she twisted up her lips and made her way to her car ignoring his presence.

"You nosey you know that?" She heard his deep raspy voice once she stopped in front of her car. She took a look at him and seen how tall he was. She glance at the car and notice it was a silver Porsche.

"You should be careful where you do business you know that?" She shot back now looking in her bag for her keys. "People could be watching-"

"You was the only one watching-"

"Cameras" she smiled. "How you know this was my car? You watching me now?"

He chuckled to himself before turning his head looking at her through his tinted Ray Bans sunglasses. He stared at her taking in all of her beauty.

She's a petite little thing, he thought to himself.

"I don't even know you to be watching you ma-"

"Don't call me that" she spat cutting him off. She leaned to the side holding her bag in the crook of her arm. He couldn't help but chuckled and looked away revealing his tattoo on his neck.

"Anyway like I was saying I don't even know you to be watching you this is my car I'm waiting for somebody...ma"

She rolled her eyes and went back to her bag feeling his eyes burn a hole through her body.

"It's not polite to stare" she told him.

"You got some nerve" he scoffed. Just when she was about to say something she was interrupted by a dude walking up to them from behind.

"You ready O?"

"Yeah let's go" he told him before opening his door. "See you around" he continued before hopping in. She watched them both hop in his car before he started the engine and quickly drove off. Rolling her eyes, she grabbed her keys from her bag and unlocked the doors before hopping in heading straight to her fathers building, who own one of the biggest finance companies in the city, Indigo&J Inc.

"Hey daddy" she greeted walking into his office seeing him typing on his computer.

"Hey baby girl" he smiled. "How is your day going?"