Chapter Eleven

The only thing that separated Janet and Peter were three quick knocks on the door and a voice exclaiming "Room Service!"

Janet answered as quickly as she could, letting the steward inside. "Just charge my room card," she told him, handing him a few bucks as a tip. "Thank you," he answered quietly, turning to leave. 

Peter got up and looked over Janet's shoulder as she examined the food. "What did you get?"

"Oh, you know, just some-"

She suddenly went quiet. Peter frowned and was about to ask her what was wrong before getting elbowed by her. "Ow! What was-" 

Janet didn't look at him, just turned and slugged the steward in the face as he pulled out a gun. Her hand went to the gun wrist, trying to get its aim away from her and Peter. Peter yelled in alarm and jumped forward as well, grabbing the steward's other arm. The three of them grappled and fell over.

The attacker changed his grip on the gun, grabbing it by the barrel and swinging it blindly. Janet suddenly cried out in pain as it hit her and she was knocked off.

Peter, distracted, tried to reach out to her but was suddenly under the attacker, unable to breathe. Not again. He spat and kicked, trying to free himself.

Suddenly, the hand around his throat loosened and the attacker fell off. He was clutching his arm, which now was bleeding. Janet had somehow produced her knife and cut him. She quickly had the upper hand and had the knife at his throat.

Peter sat up, gasping and shocked. "Janet! How- why did you bring that thing?!"

"It's a good knife!" Janet snapped before looking back at the attacker. "Who are you?"

He was silent.

Janet moved the knife closer. "Are you Triad? Tell me!"

"Janet," Peter said quickly. "Don't hurt him-"

The man suddenly laughed. "Your friends... you better find them quickly... before it's too late!"

Janet and Peter exchanged a glance. "Where are they."

The man spluttered out "bridge" before Janet hit him in the head, knocking him out.

Peter gulped. "Who is he?"

Janet shrugged and stood up, grabbing the knife's sheath. "We need to get to the bridge. The others are in danger."

~

Travis struggled. He was a strong man, but being held tightly by two other strong men was a hard predicament to escape.

"Relax, Mr. Johan," Captain Osborne told him, condescendingly. "You're comrades here are behaving themselves very nicely."

Lance and Rita were still, knowing better than to resist the armed guards.

Osborne chuckled and spun his captain's chair around to face the front of the comand bridge, looking out over the black water. "The others will be arriving shortly, I would imagine. Then we can have our fun."

Travis exchanged a glance with Rita. She looked very scared. He tried to seem less scared as he looked back to the captain. "Who are you, anyway, captain? What does the ED want with us?"

Osborne chuckled. "Oh, all in good time, fellow."

He was interrupted by a woman near him, sitting at a console. "DOO, the cameras show them approaching."

Travis frowned, confused. "DOO?"

Osborne looked a little miffed at the woman. "My code name. It's my full initials. Dwight Oswald Osborne. It's supposed to be secret." He sent a glare in the direction of the woman. "But now you know. But it doesn't matter anyway. Guards!"