Chapter 17

Important Authors note at the end of this chapter. Please spare a second to read it. Thank you!!!

Minutes turned to hours, hours gravitated into days and days to the D-day. Finally it was friday night, Sams' birthday party. The past two weeks has been excruicatingly slow, don't get me wrong. It wasn't because I was eagerly waiting for this day, but something far worse.

After Alston revealed to me he knew about the kiss, I had been shocked at first. Then the shock quickly gave way to anger, but I did not know whom to channel that anger at, myself, Jess, Alston or Jeffery? This four people had a part to play in what happened to me that night.

You might say that I am over reacting or that it was just a kiss. Firstly that was my first kiss but I guess that is pretty obvious already. Secondly I was violated that night whether minor or major, violation is still violation. It is black and can never be white.

After the anger came apprehension, I have spent the past two weeks in school hiding in the shadows. I expected to see accusing or judgmental glances been thrown my way but with every corner I turned, every class I stepped into I was met with neutral or no glances at all. This did not make me relieved as I knew that there was no secret hidden from the ears of high school students be it a stolen kiss under the rocks or a freely given one. I knew Alston well enough to know that he was bidding his time.

Okay maybe am slightly over reacting.

Maybe it was just me but I felt like Pa has been watching my movements closer than before. Jess said it probably had to do with the fact that he caught me sneaking into the house and I should calm down. She had been positive that this party would put me in a lighter mood but right now, seated on my bed with a decent towel wrapped around my slender frame, I can hardly say I feel lighter.

Arrgghh I just wanted to scream it all out, the hurt, the pain, the fustration, the dull ache, everything!!! I wanted total freedom. Total.

Jess would be here to pick me up in about thirty minutes and I was not ready. So once again for what felt like the millionth time I bottled it all up, the feeling of nausea washing over me. The dress, a light blue one that I had choosen for tonight lay across my bed. It was a simple dress the only thing that attracted me to it was the ninty percent discount taped on the price tag, instantly I knew I had to get it so I used up the little money I had on me forfeiting the initial purpose of the money.

      The ring of my phone jolted me causing me to smudge my pick lipstick on the side of my mouth. "Jess" I said after picking up on the third ring.

"Am coming over now to get you" she shouted over the background noise into my ears, I had to put some distance between my ear and the phone.

"Okay am waiting" I replied, for a moment I felt like shouting back, who would have thought shouting was infectious. But the timely reminder that Pa's room was just down the corridor and if I intend to successfully sneak out tonight it will do me great good to not draw his attention, quenched the infection.

          After reapplying the lipstick, I stared at my reflection while mentally congratulating my self for a job well managed. Although the dress was a little tight around my upper region and my black block heels shoes looked a little worn out, I did not look too bad. The long silver necklace and dangling cross earring were the only shining thing on me. My freshly powdered face had natural hues of pick and red tainting my otherwise pale skin and accentuating my pink lips. I slung my black leather bag across my left shoulder and got ready for my prison break.

             The light on the corridor was still on as I quietly locked my room. I knew he was far gone in his sleep as his frequent snores confirmed it, but I still needed to be careful who knows, maybe the water jug on his night stand might need some refiling. I stepped out of my shoes and held them in my hands as I concentrated in putting one foot in front of another as silently as the old floorboards permitted. I heard a loud grunt and series of curses, I frozed on the spot, my fingers digging into my palm. Turning around I half expected to see an almost bald blonde head across the corridor but was met with nothing still my hands did not uncoil. Only when my feet touched the landing did I let out a slight breath of relief. I glanced over my shoulder once more, you can never be too sure.

The chill of the night air against my exposed skin made me regret not bringing along some kind of protection as I walked the deserted path to our meeting point. It was my suggestion that we should meet a safe distance away from the house and at this hour when I was sure Pa would be asleep.

"The party is so freaking cool" my best friend shouted as she pulled the car into reverse the moment I slammed the door.

“No suprises there" I said as we zoomed off, the music coming from the dashboard almost earspilting.

"You did not have to sneak out, asking would have been a better option, at least we would not be two hours late" she shouted over the din of the music.

"I would not be two hours late" I corrected her "and besides he will never have given me his permission" I shouted back and it felt really good on my lungs. Throwing away every iota of resistance, I balled my hand into a fist and let out a scream, thankful for the wound up windows and blarring music for sheltering me as I let out the pent up anger. She stuck up her thumb and gave a wide grin before turning half of her attention to the road and the other half she used to sway to the music.

Jess house was a one storey mini white mansion, the light on the outside made the walls look like they were flitered with gold. About six cars were parked hapharzadly within the compound, we alighted the car and Jess led me to the front steps. "Your house is beautiful Jess, wow it looks like a mini diamond castle" I said still running an impressed eye over the front decor.

"Don't be silly, this is no diamond castle, you will see for yourself" she said "by the way my best friend looks extra cute tonight" she added wiggling her eyebrows before throwing the front doors wide open.

Indeed this was no diamond castle.

This chapter feels shitty to me, and if it does feel same way to you then am happy we are on the same boat☺☺☺

Next ride is going to be better, so hey, you better don't jump off this boat.

Lately I have been occupied and have not really had time to write. I sincerely don't know when my next update will be. Don't get scared now, am not going to disappear and this book is definitely going to be completed soon.
Funny enough I might just update in a few days time, no promises though.
I advice you to follow me @amy_bel to know when my next update will be. I will follow back if you specify that you are a #Cassandrareader You can unfollow me once you're done reading Cassandra.

You can also inbox me anytime, I check those regularly. I love you all so much and would really want to know what you think about this book.

And if you want a shoutout /dedication from me, shoot me a pm.

                    1 ❤