First glance was just red

Steves pov

My head buzzed, i was freezing and i couldn't move. Was i dead? Did a bomb go off? Questions soared through my head. My eyes were still shut. I could hear strange noises around me, male voices mostly, but also a female.
I slowy opened my heavey eyelids. The voices became clearer around me.

"He's awake!"
When my eyes opened fully i saw a lot of red. At first i thought i was bloob, but when my eyes finally focused i could tell it was just hair. It was the girl. She was beautiful. Full lips, dazzling emerald eyes and firey red hair.

"Captain? How are you feeling?"
Said a man with brown hair and a suit

"I cant move"
I managed to say

"Thats because the ice hasn't melted yet"

"Ice?"

"What do you remember?"
Asked the girl

"My plane, i crashed if into the ocean-"
I stopped i couldn't remember anymore after that
"Thats all i remember"

She nodded. I felt the ice melt away until i coukd move my legs.

"Let me help"
The man helpe me stand up, it felt wierd at first, i guess being frozen does that. Once i was steady, people probably doctors gave me a blanket.

"Thank you sir"
I followed the man and woman out of the roon i was in. I stood awe struck.

"What- the technology- "

"Steve, their is something you need to
know."
The girl said

"When your plane crashed you froze in the ice. We recently found you. Its 2014 now. "

"Did we win? "

"Yes"
I smiled but then it quickly turned into a frown

"Everyone i knew their gone aren't they?"
She put a hand on my shoulder

"Their is still someone"
She led me outside the building into a car.

"I know your not used to everything that your seeing but you'll catch on."
During the car ride she finally told me her name. Natasha Romanoff. She explained SHIELD and who they were. She told me that she worked for them too, as an agent. The man i met was agent Colson, aparently he's a big fan of me. Ive become famous over the last years, theirs even a museam about me.
She parked the car in front of a nice building. I followed her inside and to a room. Room 68. When she opened the door i knew who it was.

"Hello Steve"
An old woman said

"P-Peggy?"

"Its me"
I walked over to her and gave her a hug. She's married now and even has kids.

"Steve i thought i would never see you again."

"Me either Peg"

"Now. Go with ms. Romanoff Steve, join SHIELD."

"You know about that?"

"I invented it just a year after you- when we lost you"

"I will Peggy ill make you proud"

"I know you will"
I kissed her forehead and reaturned to the car.

"How did it go?"

"Good, it was nice to see someone from my past."
A little tear rolled down my face.

"Steve? I know your not ok so I won't ask. But I want to tell you it's ok to be sad, you went through something that changed your life. "

"Thanks Nat... "
she smiled at the nickname.

"Nat? I like it."
She said

~~~~~~~~~~~~two months later~~~~~~~

I took Peggy's advice and joined SHIELD. Nick Fury had me train for the first two months, and then I can start going on missions. I finished my training for the day and took a shower. Fury had sent word to me through text message. It's this new way of communication through a new type of phone. Natasha has been teaching me how to use new technology, we got really close over the two months, she's mentioned Clint a few times and told me some things about her. She really doesn't have a choice, most of the time we have nightmares, so we calm each other down. We talk about it and then fall asleep.she knows a lot about my past, and I still know very little about her's. she told me about the red room but nothing major. Most of the time when tells me about her nightmare it's just words like red room, blood, killer I get the jist .
Anyway I headed to his office, the elevator was about to close when I held it open. Nat quickly came it, doors closing.

"Where you heading Steve? "

"To see Fury"

"Me too?"
I wondered if he called us for the same reason.

"Come in"
We came into his private office
"Sit down"

"I've called you here regarding you"
He pointed to me

"Me? Sir whatever you think-"

"No it's about your new missions."

"Oh sorry sir."

"You and agent Romanoff are mission partners"

"Sir?"
I questioned

"Every mission you go on, unless it has to be single person, will be with agent Romanoff. "

"Nick I'm already partners with Clint?"

"I'm switching you"

"Yes sir"
We got up to leave

"Oh and agent Romanoff please inform agent Barton to come see me. "

"Yes sir. "
We fully left his office entering the elevator once again. I could tell Natasha was thinking about something.

"Nat are you ok?"

"Yeah"

"You can tell me, your my best friend"
She smiled

"It's just..I've never had any other partner before besides Clint. I guess I'm just worried it will change things. "

"Sorry "

"It's not your fault Steve. Don't get me wrong I'm still happy to work with you, it's just a big change. "

"How long have you and Clint been partners?"

"12 years"
The elevator stopped at my floor.

"See you later Nat."

"You too, oh and when we get a mission don't screw it up. "
She instantly smiled after being super serious. She disappeared behind the metal doors.
As she was on her way to Clint, I sat in my room trying to figure out how to use a laptop.

Hey guys! Because of Soccergirl3138 i decided to make another romanogers fanfic. In my last book Steve really helped Nat, but in this book I'm hoping to make it the other way around.
Sorry if some information isn't correct but just deal with it. Also this story is pretty much how they first met and how they will grow into loving each other. Their already besties so next step is feelings!