II

Renegade carefully adjusted his sniper and aimed it at the head of a man named Calvin Garcia. Garcia had been exporting and selling illegal drugs for years, getting rich off of his sales, but Renegade decided that the man needed to learn his lesson- and by that, he meant that he needed to die.

"Almost too easy." Renegade whispered to himself as ensured that the bullet would hit its target. He was currently on a tall building that just so happened to have a perfect view of the drug transfer below. It was almost too easy to take the said criminals down.

Truthfully, Renegade didn't exactly have a system for how he picked his targets. When he was bored, he'd just look for a criminal and put them down. It definitely passed time was necessary.

"Three... Two.... One....."Before he could fully press down on the trigger, he felt a hand roughly grip his shoulder.

Renegade was startled by that action, jumping back and yelling in a whispered tone,"No way Batsy! I gotta do-" Renegade was taken aback when he realized the person in front of him was not Batman, but instead a teenage boy in a dark body suit with bright orange hair jutting from the top of his head.

"Wait, you're not Batman, who are you?" The current transporting of drugs was occurring in an outdoor storage unit that was far below the building that Renegade was on, but he took no chances as he kept his voice low. He refused to lose his targets when he was already this far.

The teen looked slightly offended,"I'm Kid Flash, but I should be asking who you are, you're like twelve and holding a sniper."

"Excuse you, I wouldn't be talking if I were you. Look like I'm twelve? Well with that hair, you look like a living bonfire."

Kid Flash gripped Renegades wrist forcefully ,"You need to come with me. We can do this the easy way or hard way."

The other male simply rolled his eyes,"I don't need to be manhandled. Plus, sorry, but I'm not into gingers*." He tugged his arm away from the hero and aimed his sniper once more. He wasn't going to let some random hero stop him from getting his job done. Especially not a low class one.

He pulled the trigger, but right before the bullet could shoot out of the barrel , Kid Flash rapidly pushed the sniper to the left causing the bullet to hit nearby storage unit to the left of the man, rather than the actual criminals.

The astray bullet caused the men below to panic and flee for safety. After a few panicked commands, they jumped into their vehicles and sped away leaving no trace.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Renegade swiftly turned to Kid Flash.

"We don't kill." The older boy looked extremely frustrated, yet on edge. It was obvious that he was somewhat inexperienced.

"We? Don't add me in this. I do whatever the hell I want to do. I had a mission and you just ruined it for me. Thanks a lot bonfire! I won't be using you to roast my marshmallows."

"I had a mission too, kid. I had to stop these men, but you messed that up by shooting in the first place."

"Kid? I'm the kid? You do realize that your name has the word 'kid' in it, right?"

The two glared for a long time until Renegade sensed another person approaching behind him.

He pulled his gun from his utility belt and aimed it at the person behind him. He was expecting someone similar to Kid Flash, a bit more masculine or even Batman himself, but what he wasn't expecting was a green female floating above him.

"Kid Flash, what's wrong?" She spoke lightly.

Who and what was she?

Suddenly a blur passed by Renegade and his gun was removed from his hand,"What the...?"

He turned to see Kid Flash holding his gun, spilling the ammo onto the ground below.

Super speed.... just perfect.

"Those aren't cheap ya know!" Renegade complained,"You better buy me some more!"

"How much do they even cost?"

Renegade shrugged,"Don't know, I steal 'em... but they're probably worth a lot."

"What is happening? Who is this? Who shot at those men?" The female spoke up.

"He's a criminal! He tried to-"

Renegade interrupted,"Names Renegade, nice to meet ya! And if you'd like, after this you could learn so much more about me, if you know what I mean." He winked,"I love your hair by the way."

"You said you're not into gingers." Kid Flash groaned.

"You jealous?" Renegade fluttered his eyelashes,"I mean, I would be too. What can I say? I'm irresistible."

She seemed confused,"A criminal? Are you the one who shot that bullet?"

"He is! He would have shot those men had I not been there."

Renegade gasped,"Me? Shoot someone? Oh dear, I would never. I have never committed a sin in my life. Well... that's a lie... o-once I didn't eat all my vegetables and fed them to my dog. He later died because of something in the food. I'm so sorry! I loved Fifi so much!" He pretended to burst into tears, making loud unnecessary sobs to add to his act.

The two heroes remained silent, unsure of how to respond.

"You two are just like the bat, no sense of humor."

"You know Batman?" The female asked.

"Totally! We're the best of pals!" Kid Flash scoffed due to the boys antics," We even have friendship bracelets and a secret hand shake. I would show it to you, but ya know... it's a secret."

"Kid Flash, are you sure this boy is a criminal? He doesn't seem like one." Renegade almost doubled over in a fit of laughter as she asked that. She was actually buying that? Either she was really gullible or Renegade was an amazing actor. Most likely the latter.

That's when other teens approached on the roof: A blond female wearing a green suit, a set of arrows strapped to her back, and a bow within her grasp. A dark haired muscular male wearing a black shirt with a familiar red symbol on it. And a dark male who had blond hair, a red shirt on, and strange glowing blades that were strapped to his back.

Are those gills on his neck?

"M'gann have you located the source of the gunfire?" The gilled one in red called out. None of the visitors seemed to take notice to Renegade quite yet, while Kid Flash and M'gann were distracted by them.

Renegade took this to his advantage and simply walked backwards, allowing himself to fall from the tall building. He pulled his grappling hook from his utility belt and used it to launch himself to another building, further away from the strange teens.

"Great, now I need to track down this Calvin Klein guy again... or whatever his name was."

*I've never written such a lie in my life.... Dick not into gingers? That's like saying Wally doesn't eat a lot.. *sigh*

Chapter 2 is complete! :)

I feel like I'm Italicizing everything in this book :/ Whoops