32| tweedle dee & tweedle dum

Start from the beginning

"What are you laughing at?" Moody said, swinging his wand over to Draco.

The bug was on his face. I would have laughed, but I'm too disgusted of the thing.

"Get off! Get off!" Draco yelled.

"Aha! Talented, isn't she?" Moody said. "What should I have her do next?"

"Jump out the window?" He asked.

"Drown herself?" He asked.

We all watched as he slowly brought it back in his hands.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding, under the influence of the Imperius Curse. But here's the rub: How do we sort out the liars?" He asked. "Another. Another."

Students began to raise their hands.

"Longbottom, is it? Up." Moody said.

Neville slowly got up.

"Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology." He said.

"T-there's the...um....the Cruciatus Curse." Neville said.

"Correct! Correct! Come, come." He said, leading Neville to a table.

Moody set the bug down on the table.

"The torture curse." He said.

Moody pointed his wand at the bug.

"Crucio!" He said.

The bug started to squeal at a high pitch. Neville looked frightened by it. Too frightened.

After awhile, Hermione spoke.

"Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him? Stop it!" She yelled.

Moody glanced at Hermione then stopped. Neville exhaled.

Moody cleared his throat and walked over to Hermione, setting the bug before her.

"Perhaps you could give us the last Unforgivable Curse, Miss Granger." He said.

Hermione shook her head.

"No?" He asked. "Avada Kedavra!"

The bug laid on the table, lifeless.

"The Killing Curse. Only one person is known to survive it, and he's sitting in this room." Moody said, walking up to Harry.

───────────────

"Brilliant, isn't he? Completely demented, of course, and terrifying to be in the same room with...but he's really been there, you know? He's looked evil in the eye." Ron said.

"There's a reason those curses are unforgivable. To preform them in a classroom...I mean, did you see Neville's face?" Hermione said.

I tapped Hermione, telling her that Neville was right next to her.

"Neville?" I asked.