Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Selena's POV

We took Cameron home and had him set up in the bedroom next to Jason's.

Justin and I helped him unpack his things so that he would be more comfortable.

A few minutes after we were finished the sound of the front door opening and our children piling in echoed throughout the house.

Cameron visibly paled.

"Hey it's okay. Everything will be alright. They aren't going to hurt you. Take your time alright? No one's going to rush you to do anything." Justin soothed.

He took a few deep breaths before he took my hand and allowed me to lead him down to the living room, Justin right behind him.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Jordan screamed, jumping onto Justin who skillfully caught her.

"Hi baby."

"Who's this?" Emory asked, eyeing Cameron carefully and taking Jason's hand as did Ethan.

"This is your new brother, Cameron." I introduced.

"New brother?" "Huh?" "How?" "Hi!"

They all blurted different things.

"Some things happened that we'll explain when you guys are older but we adopted him today which makes him your brother."

"Okay." Ethan shrugged and walked over to him. He held his hand out.

"I'm Ethan. I'm nine. How old are you?"

"I'm fourteen." Cameron smiled, slowly shaking his hand.

"Okay. Do you like cars? I like cars."

"Yeah. I guess they're cool."

"Good. Daddy had a whole bunch. I'll show them to you."

"I like the batmobile!" Jordan squealed jumping down from Justin's arms. She stood in front of Cameron, slightly bouncing up and down.

"The batmobile?"

"Uh-huh. It's really cool."

"It sounds cool. What's your name?"

"Jordan!"

"Well Jordan, it's nice to meet you. Are you always this hyper?"

"Yes." Emory answered for her sister as she walked closer to him. "I'm Emory."

"You have a pretty name."

"Thank you." She blushed.

I smiled thanking God that they were getting along.

"What about you?" Cameron asked looking at Jason.

"Jason." He responded coldly.

"Jason. A word. Now." He said nothing as he followed me out into the hallway.

"What is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" He asked incredulously.

"Yes." I snapped. "I hope you know you're grounded for two weeks."

"What? Why?"

"Because you just walked out the house last night and you didn't come home and you're also being an ass to him for no reason!" I didn't enjoy swearing around my kids but Jason was old enough and right now his behavior warranted it.

He said nothing because he knew I was right.

"I can't believe you would be so reckless. The least you could have done was pick up the phone when I called or returned my call or send me a text for God's sake!"

I was pissed.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was?"

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah that's why you decided to adopt another son."

"Okay firstly, do not ever roll your eyes at me. Secondly, this has nothing to do with what happened. I would never try to replace you or any of my kids and you know that. Eventually the situation will be explained to you but as of right now I am asking you to be nice to him. He is going to be going through a lot these next few months and the last thing he needs is for you to be a dick to him." I fumed as I tried to stop myself from yelling.

"Whatever." The fucking nerve.

"I mean it Jason. He's going to be starting your school next Monday and if I hear that you are being mean in any way, shape or form so help me God I will kill you. Am I clear?"

"Yes mom."

"Good. That's my boy." I kissed his head before I headed back out into the living room.

Almost immediately Cameron made his way back to my side but he kept his distance like he was afraid I'd do something.

Draping my arm around his shoulder, I turned to everyone else.

"So what do you guys want for dinner? Justin's cooking."

"Wait what?" Justin looked so confused I had to laugh.

-

-

-

-

He ended up making spaghetti and meatballs. Shocker.

After dinner, everyone went to bed considering they all had school tomorrow except Cameron. It didn't make sense for him to start a new school on a Friday. One day wasn't going to kill him.

Justin and I were laying in bed just talking as we usually do when a small knock was heard.

"It's open." I called and the door opened to reveal a nervous Cameron.

"Are you okay?" Justin asked worriedly as he sat up.

"Uhm," He fidgeted with his fingers and he eyed the floor. "C-can I stay with you please? It'll just be tonight I promise!" He rushed out, bringing his gaze up to look at me.

"Of course you can. You can stay with me for as long as you want okay? Do you want to stay here or in your room?" 

He looked at Justin then back at me. "Uh in my room?" 

"Sure." I smiled. He was so shy. He reminded me of Ethan. They were both quiet for the most part. 

"Take care of him for me." Justin demanded holding onto my hand.

"You know I will." I quickly kissed him goodnight then followed Cameron out.

We settled ourselves on his bed and he hesitantly snuggled up to me.

"It's okay." I reassured.

He relaxed next to me. 

We lay in silence for a while and I was almost sure he was asleep when he muttered a soft 'thank you.'

"Anytime." I promised and he allowed himself to fall asleep.

A few minutes later Justin came into the room. "Is he sleeping?"

"Mhm." I whispered and he made himself comfortable. "I'll be out of here before he wakes up."

"Mmkay."

"Is my baby tired?" He teased.

"Mhm."

"Night princess."

"Mm."

His quiet laughter was the last thing I heard.

-

-

-

-

This chapter was kind of lame but oh well.