Chapter 2

Dedicated to @crazyally99  for her sweet message to me :)

Chapter 2

Selena's POV

It's been one full week and I'm already caving. 

Justin has been relentless. 

He doesn't know where we are but he has been calling non-stop. He even called my dad in hope that he would tell him where we were.

"Do you think it's time we go back?" I asked Jazmyn.

"I don't know Sel." She looked at me dubiously. "I don't think he's learned his lesson yet."

I sighed. I didn't know how much longer I could stay away from him. It was so hard to even last this long.

"Mommy?" Jordan came into the room. She was holding Ethan's hand with one of her own and the other was used to rub her eye, her little teddy bear tucked safely in the crook of her elbow.

"What's wrong baby? Did you have a bad dream?" I worried as she crawled into my lap and Ethan curled into my right side.

I wrapped an arm around each one of them, holding them close to me.

"We want to go home." He mumbled in a broken voice.

"I miss daddy." Jordan's bottom lip quivered as her eyes pooled with tears. 

I made eye contact with Jazmyn as my heart broke and she gave me a hesitant nod.

I was hurting them.

"Okay. We'll go back home. We'll go first thing in the morning."

"Promise?" They both looked at me expectantly.

"I promise." I smiled sadly.

I guess we were going back. God I really hope Justin learned his lesson. I don't think our children could take any more pain.

"Promise what?" Jason asked. He was standing in the doorway, holding a sleeping Emory in his arms.

"She fell asleep reading." He explained. I nodded.

"We're going back home tomorrow!" Jordan squealed cutely. Jason frowned and looked at me anxiously.

"Are you sure about this?" 

I nodded even though I wasn't.

"They miss him and he's been calling so much. It's time I guess."

He nodded slowly. "Okay. I'm still not happy with him though."

I wanted to cry. I remembered the days where Justin and him were inseparable and now...

"I know you aren't but it'll be fine." I smiled reassuringly.

I hope.

-

-

-

-

"You don't have to do this you know." Jason placed a hand on ny shoulder as we stood outside the house.

"I know." I smiled tightly. "Come on."

I walked up to the door with the kids trailing behind me.

"I hope he's home." Ethan mumbled.

"Doubt it." Emory quipped.

Please be home.

I pushed open the door and walked inside.

"Justin?" I called in a shaky voice.

I heard a thump come from upstairs before his figure appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Selena?" He voiced staring at me with wide eyes.

"Daddy!" Jordan screamed and he ran down the stairs, crouching down in time to catch her in a hug, Ethan following right after.

"I missed you guys. So so much." He kissed them both on the head.

Emory and Jason stayed where they were, Jason wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Don't cry mom." He whispered.

I shook my head but couldn't speak.

"Em? Baby I'm sorry." He looked at her with pleading eyes waiting for her to hug him.

"No." She shook her head and crossed her arms across her chest, hiding behind Jason.

"What?"

"You're only saying sorry but you're not. You're just gonna do it again." She cried and Jason picked her up.

She buried her head in his neck and he glared at Justin.

"Let's go Em." He walked past Justin and headed upstairs.

Jordan and Ethan looked between Justin and I confused.

"It's okay guys. It's okay." I smiled feebly.

They nodded unsurely.

"Why don't you two go see if Em's okay while I talk to your mom?"

"Okay." They scurried off and Justin stood.

I stayed where I was but directed my eyes downwards.

"Please don't cry love." His soft voice sounded and I cried even harder.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing but I just made everything worse. I-"

He cut me off by pulling me into a hug.

"Shh." He hushed me, rubbing up and down my back.

I held onto to him tightly, pressing my face into his chest as I savoured the moment.

It had been so long since he last held me.

"Listen to me. None of this is your fault. It's all on me. You did what you needed to do to show me I was wrong. It's alright. I'm not mad. I love you Selena. I love you so much. I'm sorry I ever made you doubt that but I swear to you I'll fix this. I'll make sure I'm here. I won't be like my dad. I won't be him."

"I'm sorry I said that to you. God, I'm so sorry." I blubbered.

"Shh. It's okay. It's true. I needed to hear that. It was a reality check."

"I love you but you weren't my Justin."

"I know. I'm sorry. I can't say it enough." He whispered against my lips.

I closed the miniscule distance between us and pressed my lips to his in a passionate kiss that showed how sorry we were.

When we pulled back Jason was standing at the base of the staircase glaring at Justin.

"You're lucky she loves you. That's the only reason she's forgiving you. Emory is still pissed at you and so am I. The only way you're going to get us to believe you're telling the truth is by proving how sorry you really are." He spoke coldly.

"I will prove it Jase. I promise."

He nodded. "For your children's sake, I hope you do."

"Jason you're mine too."

"No. I was. I don't know this new you who put everything above us."

My heart was bleeding because of the amount of hurt in Jason's eyes.

"I'll be better." Justin swore. "I love you Jason. I love all of you. You guys are my family."

Jason pressed his lips together then left.

Justin turned to me, a tormented look on his face.

"I fucked up bad, didn't I?"

I nodded.

I really hoped he could fix this.

-

-

-

-

The calm before the storm. ;)