You're a Fool, but you're My Fool

Start from the beginning

Like they were useless dolls, Jasmine tossed the two mages backwards, away from her. Both Rogue and Ashley landed on the ground, but quickly rose to their feet.

"In this form," Jasmine spoke before the two opponents could charge at her again. "I can hear everything. The poison coursing through your body, the beating of your hearts, and your thoughts. I can hear it all."

She sounds like . . .

"Don't give me that crap!" Ashley screamed at the top of her lungs, preparing a basic Dragon Slayer attack. "WATER DRAGON'S ROAR!"

"A distraction," Jasmine hummed, leaning to the left. "right?" When she moved, the attack hit the shadow mage who was attempting to sneak up behind her in his shadow form.

Rogue grunted as he was hit with the attack and sent flying backwards.

"R-Rogue . ." Ashley stared at her teammate in disbelief. But with lightning speed, Jasmine was in front of her. "Dragon Slayer Secret Art." Jasmine chanted with the most serious look on her face.

The opposing female's eyes widened as she realized that she couldn't get out of her current situation. Jasmine was too fast!

"ROARING POISON SPIRAL THUNDER!"

A spiral of lightning and poison was directed at Ashley, and at such a close proximity, it was unavoidable. When the spell hit the water dragon slayer, it spiralled all over her body, hitting her in several areas. Even vital areas.

She flew back - defeated.

The stands shook as the crowd roared with cheers. "Ashley has been defeated!" the announcer exclaimed.

A grunt was heard, so Jasmine spun around and saw Gajeel dodging punches from Rogue.

"Lightning-Poison Dragon's," She said, puffing up her cheeks. Her teammate and opponent heard it due to their enhanced hearing. Gajeel attempted to push Rogue in front of him, but Rogue fought back. It was a quick, constant struggle, but the attack was released. "Roar!"

Gajeel gritted his teeth in anger, annoyed with this back-and-forth nonsense with Rogue. He grabbed the boy by his black hair and tossed him directly into the breath attack. A scream came from the opponent before a mini explosion erupted.

Everyone waited patiently for the dust to clear and when it did, Fairy Tail was the first group of people to scream and shout once they saw Rogue and Ashley defeated while Gajeel and Jasmine stood standing.

DING. DING. DING.

"The match is over!" the announcer yelled into the mic. "The winner of the match is FAIRY TAIL!"

Both Jasmine and Gajeel sighed in relief, releasing the tensions in their body. "Finally." the male sighed. He turned to leave the battlefield and Jasmine followed, deactivating her dual dragon mode.

_________________

"You were awesome, Jasmine!" Raph exclaimed as he said nothing but good things about his partner.

"Indeed, you two were amazing." Erza agreed with a smile and a nod of approval.

Gajeel and Jasmine were in the infirmary, having been recently bandaged up. Raph, Gray, Erza, and Laxus were there as well, congratulating the duo.

Laxus, however, was more interested in Jasmine's well-being. He sat near her on her bed and looked at her with a small smile.

After about five minutes of praise, the others noticed Laxus' behavior and announced that they were going to the Sun Bar with the rest of the guild.

That left Jasmine and Laxus in the infirmary alone (Porlyusica declared herself done for the day and went back to the inn).

"You, um," Laxus fumbled with his words, not knowing what to say. "I, uh, . . the match -- I-I enjoyed the match."

"I don't think it was the match you enjoyed." Jasmine replied, avoiding eye contact with the blond. "I heard your thoughts when I was in dual mode."

The male's cheeks turned red as his eyes widened. "I-"

"You're such a persistent fool, aren't you?"

His face retuning to normal, Laxus gave a small smile that seemed forced. A fool, huh? He thought. "I guess so . ." It was then when he noticed that Jasmine was shifting in bed awkwardly.

He looked at her and saw a faint pink blush on her cheeks, and a good feeling settled in his gut. Her next sentence sent his heart into overdrive.

"I-If you would like, y-you c-could be my fool."