The Guy She Used to Love

"Cobra!" Brain called from the ground. "Where do you think you're going?"

Erik looked back at his guildmaster with a smirk on his face. "I'm gonna put the Lightning Empress out of commission. She's a tough one though, so I'll need a bigger battle field."

"Take care of her quickly." Brain growled, turning back to face the Allied forces.

Cubellious finally landed deep into the heart of the forest and Erik stepped off of the purple serpent.

He could hear Jasmine's feet hitting the ground as she approached the area. "Leave us, Cubellious." Erik ordered. "I'll call for you once I'm done here."

The purple snake hissed and flew off.

Jasmine arrived in front of Erik, a few feet away from him. Her chest rose up and down rapidly as she tried to catch her breath.

"Long time no see, babe." Erik smirked. His eyes ran up and down Jasmine's body. "Well you've certainly grown up."

"E-Erik . . . w-why . . . h-how . . ." Jasmine couldn't form a single sentence.

"First of all, my name's not Erik anymore. It's Cobra. And secondly, I'm not the weak little boy you knew as a kid. I've got magic now, Jasmine." 

"B-But . . ."

"I can hear it, you know." Cobra walked forward, closing the gap between him and Jasmine. "You're still in love with me." He brought his left hand up and caressed her cheek. "Your heart skipped a beat just from my touch alone. Are your feelings for me that strong?"

Despite her feelings, Jasmine gritted her teeth and slapped his hand away from her face.

"Don't touch me!" She snarled. "Now, answer me! Why are you here? Why did you leave?" Her eyes were practically pleading with him to say, "I've missed you" and "I'm sorry I left."

Cobra chuckled, finding Jasmine's vulnerability amusing. "I'm a member of the Oración Seis now." He informed her. "Have been for a while. I'm a new man, a different man than the weak little brat you knew eleven years ago! And now, I'm a Dragon Slayer too. Just like you."

"So, is that why you left? To learn magic?"

"That's part of the reason."

"Then what's the-"

"It's none of your business. I left and that's, that. Man, is your self-esteem that hurt over being dumped?"

Jasmine's eyes widened. She felt the familiar sting of tears in her eyes, but she'd rather die than to let Cobra see her cry.

"It's time to grow up, Jasmine." Cobra said. "Now, let's settle things like adults!" A reddish-black aura glowed around Cobra's body.

He's got a great amount of magic power. Jasmine thought, secretly amazed.

"Why, thank you." Cobra grinned. "And just so you know, I can hear your thoughts. I'll know what move you're about to make, before you make it. Keep that in mind, will ya?"

You can hear my thoughts?

"Yeah. I just said that. Thanks for testing it out."

Then I guess you won't mind me telling you that there's something coming for you.

"What?" Cobra's eyes widened, and he looked behind him. "There's nothing there!"

I know.

"What?" Cobra growled, "You-" As he turned back around to face his opponent, he was kicked in the face.

"Lightning Dragon's Claw!"