Chapter 65: Hard But Easy

Start from the beginning

Before their first Japanese concert began, Krystal had nervously asked Amber, "What if this is the last time MeU cheer for me? What if they don't support me after the Kaistal news is released?"

Amber smiled and shook her head in disbelief. "There's no way that could ever happen."

"But what if it does? What if the world throws me away and this is my last concert?"

"If this is your last concert, then it'd be everyone's last concert because we're a family. We're won't let you get kicked out of f(x) over this news, not on your own, Soojung-ah."

Krystal smiled at Amber's supportive response, but that wasn't quite the question that she needed answered. "Then what if this is your last concert too? What if this is the end of f(x)? If this is the last time that we're ever going to perform on a stage again, what are we supposed to do?"

For all the times that Krystal had complained about being an idol, for all the times she had regretted debuting early or giving up a normal life to become a performer, Krystal also loved her job. Being on stage made her happy, and being an f(x) member was her happiness. What was she supposed to do if she wasn't allowed to do that anymore?

Amber smiled sympathetically, finally understanding the question that Krystal was asking. And her response was simple. "We dance and sing our hearts out and savor every moment on that stage. We look at our fans, we look at each other, we look at ourselves, and then we smile knowing that we did our best for f(x) and for Dimension 4. And if this really is our last time on stage, then we can look back at all of this with no regrets."

That promise was achieved one hundred times over. From the beginning to the end of Tokyo days 1 and 2, Krystal and Amber enjoyed every second of the concerts. The energy of the audience was electrifying. Every moment stood out brightly from the instant their faces were revealed beneath KLAV masks, right down to the final bow.

What did f(x) mean to Krystal? What did their music mean to her? What did MeU mean to her? Every question was answered by the indescribable feelings Krystal felt when she saw the special fan event at the end of the concert on day 2. Somehow the fans managed to create a giant heart out of red light sticks in the middle of the periwinkle ocean.

Krystal blinked in surprise, the emotion evident in her expression as she noticed the heart while singing the opening lines to "Ending Page". She turned to Amber mid-verse and gestured toward the crowd in awe of the vibrant display of affection. They could see a pattern of white light sticks in the upper stands writing out a message to them. The words were not immediately clear from the stage with the bright spotlights shining in their eyes, but later on they would learn that it spelled out "WE <3 U". Even though they couldn't decipher the words, the meaning was clear and Krystal and Amber shot finger hearts to the crowd in appreciation.

What did f(x) mean to her? What did their music mean to her? What did MeU mean to her? Looking out at the crowd as they finished "Ending Page", the answers to all her questions was simple: love.

If this concert tour in Japan was her final time on stage, Krystal knew that she would have no regrets.

Following the completion of the concerts in Japan, a full eight performances of Dimension 4, life resumed for f(x) and their solo activities. Krystal was still filming for her movie with Lay and gaining attention in Chinese media, resulting in an interview with BigShot in early March.

There was one positive side effect to the Kaistal news for Krystal. Knowing that she would have a dating scandal with a male idol allowed her to feel more free to talk about her sexuality. When she was asked about what traits she looked for in men while doing the BigShot interview, Krystal had responded a bit ambiguously to the question.