Chapter 53: Dracula

Krystal drove back to her parents' home after leaving Amber's apartment, feeling quite anguished about their fight. Krystal had seen couples break up over life-altering decisions like this when both sides weren't in agreement. Knowing how badly Amber wanted them to move in together, Krystal was at a loss about what to do since she just wasn't ready for this type of commitment right now.

The young girl parked in the driveway, shut off the car, and then rested her head on the steering wheel in defeat. The devastated look in Amber's eyes earlier when Krystal refused to move in still weighed heavily on her mind. Krystal hated seeing Amber hurt like that, but agreeing to move in simply to make Amber happy wasn't the answer. What Krystal needed now was advice from someone who had relationship experience.

Krystal immediately thought of asking her mom for advice, but her parents didn't know that she was dating Amber. That was a whole different problem on its own and Krystal didn't want to open that can of worms just yet. She tried to think of any friends who were in a serious relationship, and Krystal's fingers began dialing before she even realized what she was doing.

"Hello?" a familiar voice on the other end of the line answered.

"Sulli," Krystal breathed into the phone. The former f(x) member had been in a long term relationship with Choiza for several years now, making Sulli more than qualified to talk about moving in with a significant other. Even though the two self-proclaimed soul mates had been out of touch since Sulli left f(x), Krystal felt that Sulli would still be able to understand her feelings better than anyone.

"It's been a while," Sulli noted cheerfully. "How are you, chingu?"

"I... I'm good," Krystal replied somewhat untruthfully. The two girls exchanged pleasantries for a bit before Krystal tried to ease into the topic at hand.

Sulli was actually still unaware that Krystal and Amber were dating because she was largely absent from their lives since the "Red Light" promotions ended last summer. It hadn't been Amber and Krystal's intention to hide their relationship from the former f(x) member, and Krystal felt that now was as good a time as any to let Sulli in on the secret.

"So Sulli-ah, I actually called you for some dating advice..." Krystal said slowly.

"Really?!" came Sulli's excited response. "You're dating someone?? Who is it, who is it?"

"It's... It's Amber," Krystal revealed. Somehow, after confessing this truth twice already and after being found out repeatedly, admitting the truth to Sulli now was a bit easier than it had been in the past. Or perhaps the ease came from the fact that Krystal was talking to her same-aged friend who had trained and promoted with her for over a decade.

"Did you say 'Amber'?" Sulli asked in surprise. "Our Amber-unnie, as in hyung?"

"Yeah," Krystal confirmed. "Our very own Amber Josephine Liu." Much to Krystal's surprise, her words were met by a loud burst of laugher from Sulli.

"You can't be dating Amber-unnie!" Sulli exclaimed in amusement. "Two girls can't date. It'd be impossible for them to get married!"

Sulli's reaction stunned Krystal into silence. She had been expecting her friend to be confused or to ask at least a few more questions before the news sank in, but never had Krystal expected Sulli to outright dismiss their relationship in this manner.

"You probably misunderstood hyung's feelings," Sulli told Krystal without a hint of discomfort. Her amusement, while not intentionally cruel, was evident as she spoke. "Or maybe you guys are just joking around with each other? In any case, you'd better find yourself a good boyfriend, Soojung-ah. Do it soon before all the good ones are taken!"