Chapter Four

* A week later*

Donnies pov

Raph and I have been hanging out more, and I have to admit, I was enjoying it. When I went to my lab to create something or just try out a new chemical, he would roll his eyes, and follow me. The swivel chair was where he normally stayed, calmly pushing the legs of the chair to and fro to make it spin. I would often get distracted by this, watching him and blushing. He would smirk, wave a little, spin his sai, and I would turn back to whatever I was doing.

I have already figured out that Leo knew our secret; he would look at Raph and smile every time he went to my lab. Mikey, thankfully, didn’t suspect a thing…which is a massive relief.

I tapped my screw driver against the table, completely lost in these thoughts. Me being with Raph didn’t really hit me unless I was lying in bed, mind racing even though I was exhausted. So when the knock came on the door, I jumped a little.

 "Come in!" I said, and Raph walked in. His thumbs were hooked into his belt, and he had kind of a half cocky, half nervous walk to him. I smiled and blushed at him, elated to see him.

"Hey Raph!" I said, standing up. I gently set my screw driver down and turned to face him.

"Hey Don…what you doing in here?" he asked, not looking me in the eye. I cocked my head to the side, slightly confused.

“I was just playing around, wishing for something to do..”

"Yeah, I know. It’s boring when we aren’t topside or training." he said, looked up at the ceiling, then looked at me. I blushed harder. "Donnie…I got to ask you something.” He said, scratching the back of his head.

I felt worried for a moment, wondering what he was going to ask.

 "Ok, go ahead." I said, trying to keep my voice from quavering.

He rubbed his neck gently, looking down at the floor. "I wanted to know, you know, if you would be my…ah… boyfriend." Raph asked, blushing slightly.

What?!

I felt my cheeks go redder, if that was even possible, and a smile crept across my face. I knew I wouldn’t be able to give him a straight ‘yes’, so I nodded and bite my lip. He grinned, coming up and hugging me close, his face in my bare neck. I shuddered slightly. Then a thought struck my mind, and I pulled away from him.

"What if sensei finds out?" I said, worried now.

"If he finds out we tell him the truth, and if he doesn’t accept us, then so be it. That’s his problem."

"What about Leo and Mikey? What if they find out?"

"Leo already knows. He’s been helping me. He even told me to ask you out. And so what if Mikey finds out? It won’t hurt him…too much."

"Well… Sensei isn’t one to judge…" I said, pondering about it. Raph took a hold of my face and kissed me, gently.

"You think too much Don…" He said, eyes closed, smiling softly. We pulled away, but still kept close.

"I know. My brain never stops."

Raph laughed, shaking his head.

“Maybe we can actually Mikey and Leo together…" he said, looking thoughtful.

"Yeah, that’ll be the day.” I said, laughing. “Don’t tell Mikey, please, I don’t want him to know yet.”

"Let him have his innocence, he needs to stay young." Raph said, and I nodded. Someone knocked on the door and we moved away from each other, embarrassed

"Come in!" I said.

Leo walked in, and saw us standing near each other.

 "Sorry - was I interrupting something?" We shook our heads.

“No…not at all.” I said, smiling nervously.

“What did you want?" Raph asked, crossing his arms.

 "I wanted to ask both of you guys something."  Leo said, pausing like he was thinking. "And it’s better that both of you are in here."

Raph and I looked at each other. We both knew where this was going.

“Are you two together now?" he asked, looking at us like, ‘Did I call this one, or did I call this one’.

I blushed (again!) and nodded.

“I guess, I mean we kissed…and have been for a week so" Raph replied, tapping his chin.

Leo smirked, looking amused. “Well, now I don’t have to listen to you going on and on about, ‘Oh why does Donnie love April why doesn’t he notice-"

Raph cut him off by putting his hand over Leo’s mouth.

I laughed. "That’s enough Raph let him breathe…"

He lifted his hand, glaring at Leo.

“I hope you guys work out for a long time." Leo said, smiling and looking at us with approval.

“So you don’t care?" I asked, curious.

"No just, I would make sure to tell Sensei soon, before he finds out himself…" I nodded, Leo was right.

"Thanks."

"No problem bro" He said and left.