Chapter Two

Donnie’s POV

I woke up to knocking on my bedroom door. Growling, I kicked back the blankets and got up, going to the door.

When I opened the door to someone I didn’t expect, Raph, I narrowed my eyes and braced myself for the worse…

"May I help you?" I said harsher than expected. As the hurt spread across Raph’s face, I immediately wanted to apologize. What was I thinking? He didn’t mean to piss me off.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out today. Since we never hang out like we used to, but you seem to be in a mood so…I’ll leave you be." he said, then turned to walk away.

"Wait Raph!” I cried, reaching out and grabbing his arm. “I’m sorry for snapping. I just woke up and I haven’t even had my coffee yet." I said, and smiled at him. He smiled back. "I would love to hang out today, but let’s get breakfast first."

"Ok." Raph said with an easy smile, walking with me into the kitchen.

I went over to the coffee machine and turned it on, scooping out the nasty grinds and replacing it with fresh grinds and a new filter. As I pressed the button to make the coffee, it hissed at me, softly, and then chirruped. Coffee poured out into the container. I smiled again.

"So…why did you just suddenly want to hang out with me?" I asked, getting a coffee cup from the cabinet and pouring myself a cup.

He shrugged. "We never hang out. It’s like we only see each other during training or on look out or when you’re showing us something you made. It’s like…we don’t know each other anymore."

“Come to think of it…we never do hang out, do we?” I rubbed my chin slowly, slightly lost at the thought. “We know so much but so little about each other…” I laughed, looking at Raph. “Don’t you think you’re going to get bored of me?”

He shook his head. "I could never get bored of you Donnie,"

I finished coffee, slowly, surprised by his words. Was there something wrong with him, or did he really want to try and be closer? I watched him, silent, as he grabbed a box of cereal and poured him a bowl.

Leo and Mikey came in a few minutes after. Leo looked at Raph like they had a secret, and Raph nodded. What the heck? Where Leo and Raph finally getting along? This was new.

It was after breakfast and morning training that Raph and I decided to take a walk down the sewers, just us. Being able to talk for once without Mikey interrupting was a nice change.

"So…" I said, breaking the silence. I mean, the silence wasn’t awkward; it was just a normal silence. But I did want to talk to Raph. “What do you want to talk about?”

"How about we tell each other things that no one, not even Sensei, knows about?" Raph suggested.

I nodded. "Ok you first."

He thought. "Um…I like to draw." He said, smirking kind of cockily, looking away from me.

"Cool. Can you show me some of the things you draw, you know, when we get back?" I asked, looking at him. Wow…I never realized how green his eyes were…I blushed then, looking away.

“I guess." He said, shrugging. “Your turn to talk."

"Oh um…” I laughed, nervous. “I can sing pretty good.” …In the shower.

"Really? Can I hear?" he asked, looking at me surprised.

"Um…I never really sang in front of someone." I explained. I didn’t want to make a fool of myself in front of him.