Chapter Three

Donnie’s POV

After Raph kissed me, I was shocked. He kissing me was the last thing that I wanted… I think. My heart hammered in my chest, and my mind threw me an image of April…my sweet princess.

"Raph!" I called after him, but he disappeared. I was worried now, wondering where he got off to. The least he could do was apologize…I was shocked, but I’m sure he had a good reason for… brushing the spit off my lips…with his.

“Oh…sewer apples…!” I cried, and called Leo. After the second ring, he picked up.

"Hey Donnie. Everything ok?"

"Yeah, except that Raph ran away and I don’t know where he is!" I exclaimed.

"Mikey and I will search the sewers. You go topside. Ok?" Leo said, sounding more like the Leo that I knew.

"Ok." I said, and hung up, and shoved the phone in my belt.

I went topside and searched for a little, looking from roof to roof to see where the shell by brother could have gotten off to... I couldn’t find him.

I called Leo to tell him.

"Hey Donnie. Did you find him yet?"

I sighed. "No I haven’t and I guess you haven’t either…?"

"No. How about we all look topside, where are you right now?" I looked and saw Murakamis, our favorite restaurant.

"By Murakamis." I said.

"Ok. We’ll be right there." Leo said and hung up.

A few minutes later they came. Leo looked worried and pensive, and he paced slowly when they came by my side.

"Can you tell me what he or you said before he ran off?" Leo asked.

"He told me not to tell anyone…" I explained, and he looked at me like he knew what I was talking about. What the shell?

"Hey, Mikey, go look that way. I and Donnie go the other way. Splitting up will help us locate Raph faster." Leo said. He pointed for Mikey to go north, and Mikey nodded and left.

"Ok… I think I know something about it…" Leo said. I nodded, feeling miserable.

"I guess I could tell you… although as long as you don’t tell anyone else." I said slowly, calculating what would happen if I did mention what happened....

"I won’t. Especially Mikey. Now tell me!" he said.

"Raph kissed me." I said, wincing, looking away.

There was a silence as Leo looked at me, eyes wide.

"Ok…Wow…I just thought he would have told you he liked you…not like, kiss you." He said, pausing, rubbing his jaw. "Do you like him back?"

I shrugged. "I don’t know…” I took a deep breath, and then slowly let it out. “Most likely though."

I thought for a minute to think of where he would be, and then it hit me. "Leo! I know where he is! You go get Mikey and take him back to the lair. I’ll go talk to Raph." I said, excited. He nodded and left.

Raph’s POV

The stars shone and I lay back, smiling half way. This city was so amazing, it was a wonder that Sensei hardly ever let us out…

It had been a long while since I kissed Don, I didn’t know how long, but I was betting he hated me. Why not? He wasn’t gay. He liked April. I couldn’t compete with a girl…

I felt a hand on my shoulder, nearly making me jump. Judging by the shape and softness, I knew it was Donnie’s. I drew in a sharp breath and turned, slightly.

"Hey Raph. Can we talk…?" He smiled half way. “You know, like we did before, in the tunnels?”

" I guess." I said, shaking slightly. He sat down beside me.

"What do you want to talk about?" I said knowing exactly what he wanted. And it sure as shell wasn’t me.

"You know Raph." He said, his voice soft.

"I know you hated it… and now hate me…" I said looking down.

"Who said I hated you Raph?" He said, eyes softening. He looked so sweet and innocent, I almost wanted to kiss him again, or at least hit him.

"You didn't give me time to talk. Because, you know, you ran off."

I was still looking down, but he spoke again, and I could hear the agitation in his voice.

"Raph look up, please, I want to see your face."

"Why would you want to see my face?!" I yelled, feeling near tears. The sudden urge to hit him came again.

"Because I like it...” he said shyly. He always sounded and looked cute when he turned shy.

"How could you like it?! My eyes are hideous green! I mean, you and Sensei have reddish brown eyes, and Leo and Mikey both have blue, and I have green!" I cried, clenched my teeth and fists.

"Raph don't put yourself down!" Donnie yelled, which he rarely does. "Your eyes make you different, so what if they are green? I love your eyes! They’re not an ugly green, they’re a bright green! So what if you don't have eyes like us, I like yours the best."

He like my eyes the best? I slightly blushed at that.

“Aw… I made Raph blush." Don said teasing; I could hear the smile in his voice.

I was still looking down, though, and he didn’t like that.

"Raph, please look up at me…" He murmured voice soft.

"Why?" I said looking up, face slack and bored.

"So I could do this." He said, taking my face in his hands –and placing his lips on mine. We clashed lips for a moment, mine more eager and wanting than his, but after a moment, we pulled away. Could he hear my heart beating; loud as a snare drum?

Donnie’s POV

"So I could do this." I said and placed my lips over his. His fierce wanting and need over took me; I felt out of control, wanting, needing –and my mind gave me one last glance of April, looking at me sadly. I didn’t want to think about her…I wanted Raph…. We pulled away after a moment, my face red but a smile tugging on my lips.

"Let’s go home Raph…" I murmured, taking his hand in mine. I loved being taller than him; because as I pulled him along, it just seemed so cute.

We walked home.