The Truth

A few days passed since me and Reid fucked. Its brought us so much closer. I was a bit disappointed that Reid wasn't on the bus when I got on bus as we traveled down the road we got to Riley's lane and Reid got on. I was so happy to see him I didn't even think to ask him why he got on at Riley's lane. We talked for the rest of the bus trip laughing like baboons. We make it to school and get off the bus as we meet the boys Kate comes over to me and asks to speak with me alone. I tell the boys and Reid to go ahead and I will catch up.

"Hey Charlie look I'm sorry about what happened with you and sally but I still care about you and thats why I want to tell you this". She pauses and sighs.

"Look I know you and Reid are a thing I am your best friend well I was anyway I see the way you smile and gaze at him. But do you remember my friend Jess?"

"Yes what about her?"

"Well do you remember me telling you that her old sister the tall blonde with a really nice body but is a skanky slut?"

"Yes Kate, but what does this have to do with me or reid?"

" slow down I'm getting there, so when I was at Jess's place last weekend jasmine had a guy over. There was a lot of screaming and moaning coming from her room I kinda tuned out until it stopped and 5mins later when Reid walked out looking a little bit rugged."

"No reid wouldn't do that to me. How dare you say things like that about him."

"Charlie please listen to me. What do I gain from this?? My best friend will hate me but she deserves to know. I asked Jess when they left how long that had been going on and she said a while. Probably a month or so."

"But me and Reid have been together a month tommorrow"

I started to tear up. Not wanting it to be true. But like she said what does she gain. Nothing.

"I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I thought you should know. If you want confirmation because you don't believe me here's Jess's number." As she hands me a peice of paper

" thanks" I manage in between sobs.

Kate pulls me into a tight hug. I just stand there numb to everything.

"I'm so sorry, I'm here for you no matter what you need."

I choose not to go to the park but go to the one place where I can escape all of this the library. Books are my escape. I hide there until I finish sobbing like a baby and first bell goes. I head to class where I run into reid.

"Cutie where were you. Have you been crying?" He asks very concerned.

I don't answer I push past him and run to class.

He messages me that night after I avoid him all day. I called Jess's number and she told me the exact same as Kate did. Which resulted in my eyes weeping until I couldnt anymore and I was physically sick. I replied to Reid.

" Reid I am sorry for doing it this way but I have no choice. We are over. I'm sorry. "

Hitting send I begin to sob again not cute little sobs more like you can hear the train a mile away sobs. I don't wait for his reply. I get offline and go to bed.

*************

So wasn't what you were expecting now you know why details weren't give about who got laid.?

Views on characters. Leave a comment about what you think.
Cheers lovely people 😊