Chapter 4

I marked down one more day on my calendar before sighing. It's been a long and busy summer, but it was the best time of my life. After warped tour, we would go back to our individual promotions. The Fuming Stones would start recording for our new album and that means that we probably won't be able to meet up with all those friends we had made in this tour. Tomorrow would be our last performance for Warped Tour, at Portland. I glanced at the time once again before preparing myself. I guess all good things must come to an end? I downed a simple black cropped muscle tee with black shorts and doc martens before messing my hair and heading out of the bus.

"Boo!"  I jumped in surprise and turned around to find Chrissy laughing at my reaction. "Were you spacing out again? I was behind you all along,"

"Well, I had no idea about that," I said as I kicked the fallen leaves on the ground and placed my hands in my pockets. "Oh right, I have something to ask of you," I said as I turned to look at her.

"Yeah?" She asked as she sat down on one of the chairs nearby.

"You know we're preparing for a new album, and I was wondering if you wanted to be in one of our songs. I think it'll suit you best, so..."

"Sure. Why not? We don't really have much on our schedule the next few days," 

"Then I'll get to you about the details when we get back and have everything settled," I smiled at Chrissy before sitting down on the chair beside her and passing her the strawberries in my hand. "Want some?" She nodded her head before putting a strawberry in her mouth. We looked around at the people moving and preparing the barbeque. "Remember the first time we had barbeque together? You were so quiet and only spoke to your band mates. Taka ended up having to talk to you first and now you've grown so close to him,"

"Can't blame that he has amazing hands," Chrissy raised her eyebrow at me.

"He makes amazing designs on my latte," Chrissy nodded her head before grabbing another strawberry and plopping it in her mouth. "But I don't think I'll be able to hang out with all the friends I've made often now, everyone comes from different states and countries, if only we could continue meeting each other for barbeques like this almost everyday," Chrissy sighed. 

"I'm gonna miss you,"

"But we can still see each other again, well, if you want to feature in our songs,"

"Of course I would, you said it fits me, right?" I smiled and nodded my head. "Oh, Taka's here. I'll leave you two alone then," She said as she stood up and took another strawberry. "Talk to you later," I waved her goodbye as Taka sat on her seat and pop a strawberry in his mouth.

"How's my rokka hime doing?" I rolled my eyes at his words. 

"I'm still very much alive, Taka," He smiled as he took another strawberry.

"I didn't say that you could eat them,"

"But you didn't say that I couldn't eat them," He flashed a cheeky smile before eating another strawberry. Seriously? I pushed another strawberry in his half filled mouth and pouted. "Anyways, my rokka hime is looking good in this outfit," He commented. "I realise we have similiar fashion style, though," I looked at him disbelievingly. 

"You only realised that now?" He shooked his head as he ran his fingers in my hair again.

"I've realised that long enough to guess what's in your wardrobe," He said with a chuckle before eating yet another strawberry. "Come on, let's join the others and grab some food. I'm starving," He said before pulling my hands and dragging me to the barbecue pit.

"Ahh~" I nudged Taka to open his mouth.

"I'm not a baby anymore,"

"But you're my baby," I countered as I waved the marshmallow on the stick in his face. "Open your mouth," He rolled his eyes before obliging as I shoved it down, giving him a smile as he chewed on it. "Is it good?" He shooked his head, much to my dismay as I pouted at his answer.

"It'll be better with chocolate and some crackers,"

"S'mores, you mean," He nodded his head. "True, s'mores always taste good for nights like this," I shivered. Tonight's oddly cold. Maybe it was because of the rain just now? 

"Here," He said and gave me a chicken wing. I bit onto it, savouring the flavour. The chicken wings Rainer makes are just charred pieces of meat, so I always prefer the ones Taka makes. "After this... will you keep in touch with me? With us?" He suddenly asked me out of the blue. I turned to look at him in the face.

"Of course I would, dummy. You're my best friend, the whole of One Ok Rock too,"

"But what if we could be something more than friends?"

"What? Best friends for life? Or friends with benefits?" I asked while munching on my chicken.

"Not that," Obviously not. I ate another piece of strawberry with a marshmallow. Taka played with his fingers as the atmosphere became quiet between the both of us. "Let's get back to the bus," I nodded my head and stood up to head to my bus only to be stopped by Taka. "What I meant was to get back to MY bus," Oh... I looked around. Everybody was at the barbeque pit partying, eating, drinking and playing around. Guessing from the amount of people gathered, there probably wasn't anyone around the buses.

"Were you my fangirl before we met?" I thought for a while. I wouldn't say that I was a fangirl, neither could I deny that I wasn't. I guess I was a fangirl that was rather chill? "Anyways, that's not what's important," I looked up to meet Taka's eyes. "We'll still keep in contact, right?" Why does he keep asking me this?

"Of course I would, silly. The whole of The Fuming Stones will still keep in contact with you guys,"

"Remember when we first started touring? I kept coincidentally meeting you,"

"Yep, especially that night. I still don't know why I just started crying when you played Be the light. At that time I was thinking about my past and felt very upset,"

"Come to think about it, you never told me much about you. I don't know what you did before this, where you studied, so on and so forth," I looked down at my feet. Somehow, I felt comfortable and ready to share my life story to this man in front of me. I gathered my thoughts for a while before speaking, eventually pouring out my life to him. I felt my eyes go blurry before feeling those warm hands stroke my hair and back gently as I let my tears freely fall again. Somehow, being around Taka made me feel safe. He made me feel protected. I knew that it was okay to be weak in front of him, to break down in front of him. Just then, I felt something soft and quick on my cheeks. Huh?

"What was that?" Taka's fingers were interlocked with mine.

"You don't like it?" He asked, cocking his head to the side and slightly scrunching up his face. No... I liked it. He just surprised me with that move. I closed my eyes before doing something I had least expected myself to do.

I held Taka's face and leaned in to press our lips into each other.