Relationships At The Circus

Past
July 14, 1999

Dr. Cartwright: Mrs. Grayson it's a beautiful baby boy!

John: We did it Mary!

Mary: [Crying with tears of joy] Yes, y-yes we did John

Dr. Cartwright: Well, Mr. and Mrs. Grayson what will you name you newborn son? We need a name for the birth certificate you know.

John: I was thinking Clarence!

Mary: Heavens no! We'll name him John Richard Grayson!

Dr. Cartwright: Is that the final name?

John: Whatever my old lady here agrees to, is the final agreement Dr. Cartwright.

Mary: We can call him Dick for short! Oh, how much I love you John!

John and Mary kiss and Dr. Cartwright leaves the hospital room smiling at the happy new family.

Mary: John look! He's smiling at you!

John: Adorable! I can't believe that we're parents now! We can have an whole act at the circus now! Just Ima-

Mary: John! That boy can't even keep his eyes open for two seconds let alone fly in the air!

Mary and John: [Laughing at each other and the baby] I love you!

Present Day

Starfire: Robin? Are you okay?

Robin:[Waking up in panic] Aah!

Sebastian and Lucy run in to see what happened.

Sebastian:[Picking up Starfire from the floor]. Star?! Are you okay?

Starfire: Ye- yeah, at least I think so?

Robin: I'm sorry Star, I really am! I don't know what happened to me honestly!

Starfire: I heard him screaming, and when I came in to awake him he was squirming, sweating and yelling. When he woke up he flipped me into the air, I fell and he had a blade near my neck.

Robin: I'm- I'm sorry, I didn't know wh-.....

Sebastian: Just keep your distance from us right now! Your a threat to us at the moment just stay here and DON'T MOVE!

Lucy: Just sit and here and calm down Dick. Your just a little tired, that's all.

Robin: Yeah, sure okay.

The three leave the sleeping quarters of The VK's hideout, and Robin falls back asleep.

Sebastian: Here you go.

Starfire: What is that for?

Sebastian: It's an icepack for your head, it looks like you have a knot in the back.

Starfire: 😊 Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Sebastian: Anytime.

Starfire looks down and when she looks back up Sebastian is staring at her. Connecting and looking through each other's eyes, they start to lean in and kiss.]

Starfire: Mm-! Seb- Sebastian! We can't do this! We live in two different worlds! Literally, I'm from Tamaran, and I live in California!

Sebastian: And! I- I love you! I don't care if you live in California and I live here in Gotham, New Jersey! Every since I saw you on the tv screen I instantly fell in love with you!