Twenty Flight Rock

Ringo got there first. The whole party was frozen and staring at the fight but Ringo was just trying to get it over with. He pulled John off of George and pulled George aside, he didn't even give John a second look. Ringo dragged George outside and away from the party. George had the beginnings of a black eye and was avoiding eye contact with Ringo.

"I'm sorry" George mumbled dumbly, he was even sniffling a little.

"Bad idea, Geo. why would you do that?" Ringo sighed.

"I dunno, ok?" George sniffled again and tears began to pour from his eyes. "I hate him!"

Ringo had just begun to get over the jealousy he had for George and Pauls relationship but this was just reactivating all of it. "George, do you feel something for Paul?"

George shot his head up right away "why would you even ask that?!" George was now beyond angry.

"As soon as I believe you, you do this! Hating the guy that Pauls with and starting a fight with him!" Ringo waved his hands around, his chest was beginning to hurt.

"You don't like him either! For Gods sake he was awful to us and I just- uh-huh" George was gasping for breath and the stress of the last twenty minutes was starting to get to his head. The night air was chilling his face that had been heating up before. The grass was scratching at the edges of his peeking skin as he shifted his weight back and forth.

"George I can't-we can't move forward like this" Ringo was now trying to hold in his sniffling but wasn't doing a very good job of it. George tried to reached out for Ringo, who only pulled back.

"Ringo. Don't do this to me" George took a rough breath "we've barely started again and again you're going to cut it off! I can't take it!" George put his hand over his mouth and sobbed. Ringo wanted nothing more than to take George into his arms and comfort him but this wasn't the time for that.

"George, answer the question please" Ringo looked into George's eyes, they read nothing but anger and sadness.

"Paul is my best mate. That's all, that's all he'll ever be...I'm sick of saying that over and over again." George was having a hard time breathing. "Oh god" he heaved. Ringo didn't really know what to do. The pit of of his stomach was twisting in pain as he watched George cry. "I don't know how many more times I'm going to have say it.....you know what? No I do, no more" George waved his hand around and swallowed.

"George, I'm sorry but I'm just not sure how I feel about everything" Ringo took one last glance at George and headed off. As he walked away George kneeled to the ground and sobbed into his hands.

Paul got their second. As Ringo ushered George away, Paul grabbed Johns wrist and pulled him out the back door. The party seemed to throw itself back into its schedule without hesitation. John wasn't eager to have this out with Paul and he could feel Pauls anger through the pain in his wrist.

"What happened?" Paul tossed John in front of him. John shook his head.

"The kid was gettin on me nerves, calling me selfish for a decision that we made together" John waved between them. "You are happy with it, right?" John grabbed Paul by his arms. Paul nodded.

"I am. But that fight was not ok, John. George is my best mate and I don't want him hurt-"

"He started it-"

"I know he did. And I'm going to talk to him about it, John. But I'm not sure what to do here" Paul looked at him with wide eyes.

"I feel really bad about this Paul. I do." John put his arm around Paul and brought him further away from the party.