Chapter 3

Alex drove home. His phone buzzed, but he didn't care at the moment. He came to a red light and stopped the car, watching other vehicles go by. His wandering eyes caught sight of his rose tattoo on his left hand, the same hand that was absentmindedly tapping the beat of the song that was playing on the wheel. His phone then lit up.

He ignored it.

It rang again.

He ignored it, yet again.

'Maybe they'll finally take the hint.', he thought idly.

The phone rang again.

This time, he answered without looking at the Caller ID and pressed speaker, as the light had just turned green and the people before him had begun to move.

"Hello?" Alex called out.

"COME OVER I MISS YOOOOOU!"

He sighed, "Jack, I just saw you an hour ago, I thought you were with May?"

"Well..," Jack started to say, but was cut off. "Alex, thank god, help, May's husband called and they went out and Jack has us captive and is making us watch Home Alone. All of them." Zach spoke hurriedly into the phone, sounding like he was running away. Jack's screeches of protest just backed up that fact. Alex laughed. "I'll be there soon, just let me see my puppies first."

"Deal! Just hur-- Jack! No! What are you doing?! JESUS JACK PUT BACK THE FRYING PAN!"

"I'M RAPUNZEL!! DIE INVADER!!"

"JACK WHERE DID YOU GET THE LIZARD - OH HOLY - PUT YOUR PANTS BACK ON JESUS CHRIST! OH HO-"

The call ended.

Jack sounded drunk, or maybe he was just being Jack (it was a bit hard to tell 99.9% of the time). Alex quickly drove home from there, took a quick shower and was tempted to go to sleep - jetlag is a pain - but he needed to rescue Zach and maybe even Rian. And if Zach can't escape, they're all screwed.

After driving for a bit (he even went over the speed limits a few times; what a rebel)Alex sped around the corner onto the street that Jack lived on. He parked further up from Jack's house, turned off the engine, jumped out of the car, and proceeded to sprint down the street to Jack's home.

He ran through the door just as Jack was about to run outside - with no pants, a frying pan, and... a lizard?! The two collided and Alex was knocked into a humongous snow pile. The frying pan flew into a smaller snow pile and the lizard ran away.

Jack landed on top of Alex, snow falling on top of them.

"RIAN!" Jack shrieked. "WE'RE STUCK AND MY NUTS ARE GONNA FREEZE OFF!" Alex laughed but shivered - it was really cold. "Shhhh..." Jack whispered, putting his finger on Alex's lips. Alex shot him a look of confusion. "The bad guys will hear you!" Jack slurred quietly, for all intents and purposes looking around seriously. "I don't wanna go with Flynn Rider, the little devil. His name isn't even Flynn! HE LIED TO ME!", he murmured, his voice steadily rising until he was all but wailing at the end.

Yep, definitely drunk.

After being freed from the snow, Jack tried to go upstairs but fell multiple times, so Alex helped him up.

After falling a total of seven times, Alex picked up his friend up, bridal style, and carried him to his room.

Jack grabbed onto Alex's shirt.

"Alex."

"Hm?"

"We should frickle frackle."

Alex chuckled. "We should what?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.