Chapter 18: Fairytail Endings

Warning(s): None

One Year Later

Alex was asleep on Miles' chest, nuzzled into him in content. Everything was so calm finally. All after one year. Miles laid there, wide awake with a soft smile on his face as he stared up at the ceiling. He was able to hear Alex's soft snoring while feeling his breath on his chest at the same time. All of his senses being fulfilled. Miles ran his long fingers through Alex's soft, short and silky hair. This soft gesture slowly woke up the boy, a small yawn erupting from him.

"Good morning, love," Miles cooed as he smiled.

Alex smiled softly before slowly leaning his head off of Miles' chest. "Good morning." He placed a chaste kiss to Miles' lips, his smile still remaining. "Want me to make breakfast since you always burn it?"

Miles scoffed before rolling his eyes. "I don't always burn it."

"Yes you do."

Miles huffed before pouting, causing Alex to giggle.

"I'll make pancakes!" Alex said before kissing Miles' forehead before getting up and leaving the room.

- 🐚 -

Alex started making pancakes while Miles grabbed his coffee and headed into a little office he made with the spare room they had in the apartment. His type writer was neatly on his desk, right next to a small lamp that he had. As well as two separate stacks of papers. One stack being blank papers and the other being papers that he had already finished.

Alex walked in with a hot plate of blueberry pancakes and coffee, setting them down by the two stacks of paper. He smiled before kissing Miles' cheek.

Miles blushed before he placed a palm on his cheek.

"I'll be at the aquarium cleaning tanks. Good luck on your book." Alex said with a smile before he went down the hall.

"Thank you, love." Miles softly said before he turned to his typewriter. Reaching behind it to grab a loose piece of paper. He looked to the title with a proud smile. The title typed in italics, the ink clear and prominent on the paper, "Swimming With Fishes" stood out on the paper.

Alex came in soon after, dressed in a baby blue top, dark jeans, and black boots. Kissing the back of Miles head before he said, "I'll be home soon."

Miles smiled with a nod before going back to typing on his typewriter.

- 🐚 -

After a long day, Alex and Miles went to take a warm bath. Alex threw in the bubble bath stuff, as he calls it.

They sat there in the tub quietly as The Beatles played in the background.

"How is your book going so far?" Alex asked as he made his tail form under the water.

"Hmm, fine. Although, I have a question."

"What's your question?"

"Can you be the main character in my book?"

There was silence before the next song played on The Beatles record.

"Like, be the main part in it?"

"Of course, that's what I mean, love."

Alex smiled before nodding his head, "Yes, I want to be the main character in your book! What is it about?"

"A merman who happened to fall for a human who saved him."

Alex blushed before he ruffled Miles' hair with his tail, causing Miles to laugh loudly, showing off his crooked teeth. Alex giggled once he heard Miles laugh.

Alex leaned up before Miles turned around, giving each other Eskimo kisses before giggling.

"I love you, Miles."

Miles smiled before he answered back, "I love you too, Alex."

Fin.

(This is the end, ya'll! Took me awhile but I did it! I'm kinda sad this is ending though. But hey, I'm gonna write more Milex and more ships so it's all good!)

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!