Chapter 5: Flooded Decisions

Warning(s): None

Alex was laying sitting on the couch, reading whatever Miles had in his notebook. He added a few new ideas on books in his notebook, which of course caught Alex's eye. Ever since their conversation at the beach, everything has been running smoothly. Miles applied for a part time job to pay for the apartment. Alex either hung out in the apartment or hung out at the beach until Miles came home. Miles would always come home with food, which Alex has taken an "interest" in. His favorites were pizza with lots of cheese, noodles, and rice. He tried hot sauce in noodles before. Alex...did not like it all that much. He frowned at the taste of it.

Miles actually loved California. Though it did get really hot a lot, but he didn't seem to mind. His job was easy and it paid fairly well, but he didn't have as much free time to write. The only thing he could do that involved his writing was writing ideas. He'd ask for Alex's feedback every now and then and of course, Alex always loved them. He seems really supportive of human ideas. It's almost like Alex never sees flaws in anyone.

- 🐚 -

"Do you wanna eat somewhere else, Alex? Besides pizza, noodles, and rice?" Miles asked, staring at Alex as he sat on the carpet holding Miles' notebook.

"Oh. I don't know."

"It'll be fun. It can be apart of your decision making." Miles hinted.

Alex bit at his bottom lip, squinting his eyes in thought. Humming to himself for a few seconds before responding, "Yes. Where will we go?"

"I know a restaurant two streets away. We can go there. We don't even have to take it home and eat it. We can eat it in there."

Alex gasped at the idea, acting as if it were completely new to him. He's never sat down in a restaurant before. "Okay!" He smiled up at Miles, completely baring his teeth and his cheeks being completely red.

- 🐚 -

Alex and Miles walked into the restaurant and saw how crowded it was. As soon as Alex heard all of the loud noise, he began to scoot behind Miles. Not usually being used to the loud clacking of forks hitting plates, glass cups landing on tables, and rather loud conversations and laughter. Pouting at the loud noise, looking to Miles.

"A table for two?" The man in a black suit and black tie asked, a friendly smile spread across his face.

Miles smiled in a friendly manner right back before replying, "Yes."

"Right this way." The man grabbing two menus as well as silverware wrapped in napkins and secured in a white tape.

The three of them made their way to the tables, maneuvering around guests tables and sharing smiles with them as well. The environment seemed friendly and nearly relaxing.

They were seated at a table near a oak decorated wall. There hung a painting of a fish with a hook in it's mouth. Of course...Alex wasn't too comfortable with it. He stared immediately down at the table. His eyes were wide and he kept blinking an awful lot.

"You alright?" Miles asked, setting down the menu he was reading over.

Alex pointed at the painting for a second before shifting uncomfortably. His bottom lip nervously bitten down.