🎄🎅A Christmas Miracle ~Noctis (Secret Santa Gift!)🎅🎄

Merry Christmas MizzGinger, guess who your Secret Santa is! Hoping you have a great holiday and an even better winter break full of rest and all the video games you can handle. As a fellow college senior, I know your pain. Here's hoping this little Christmas oneshot will make your break even 

Noctis straightened out the falling bundle of the scarf around his neck against the cold before returning his shaking, chilled fingers to the warmth of his coat pockets. He couldn't help but think how even though Insomnia was beautiful in the winter, it so, so fucking cold. The bustling city seemed quieter this time of year, like the gentle falling snow and bright Christmas lights made everyone slow down a little to take it all in. It would never stop being strange to him; the darkest, coldest time of year—the time when the daemon attack risk was at its highest—was also the time of year when people were the most cheery and warm.

Christmas was a few weeks away and, like always, Noctis still hadn't gotten anyone anything yet. He still hadn't decided if he wanted to do Christmas with his father at the palace with all the pomp and ceremony and camera crews, or if he just wanted to have a small Christmas with his friends at his apartment. Well, he had decided...he just wasn't ready to tell the king he wasn't going to be showing up for Christmas this year. He was trying to put off the disappointment for as long as possible. And speaking of disappointment, he was also trying to avoid disappointing Ignis for the third year in a row by getting him a shitty last minute gift. It was a particularly frosty night and he was really in a hurry to get home and finally warm up, but he noticed a Coernix convenience store up ahead on the street and decided to suck it up and go in to look for some Ebony coffee beans to get Ignis.

He walked up and down the aisles for a couple of minutes searching, but it seemed like they only had cheap knock offs and local blends Ignis repeatedly trash talked. He debated whether or not he should get a cup of coffee or hot chocolate just to have something to hold that could fight the numbing pain in his frozen fingers, but ultimately decided that if since he couldn't find the coffee beans there was really no reason for him to spend any money in the place. Prince or not, he was a little bit stingy.

At least that's what he thought as he made his way to the front to leave, only to be stopped dead in his tracks by a familiar voice.

"I live, like, two blocks from here! I'll just take this now, go get my wallet and come back." It was a voice he hadn't heard since graduation.

"No, no way. You pay now or you don't get to have anything." The disgruntled clerk argued back. 

"Come on man, you know I'm good for it! I come in here every goddamn day."

Noctis rounded the corner of the aisle he was currently walking down and saw you standing at the checkout counter with a small coffee in front of you. The guy behind the register also went to school with the two of you, though Noctis didn't personally know him. 

"I don't care. No money, no coffee." The guy shrugged, crossing his arms and returning your venomous glare.

"Are you serious? You're being such an asshole right now, Squall." You snapped, drumming your gloved fingers on the counter beside your counter in an irritated fashion.

"This isn't a goddamn charity. I'm not just gonna give you a handout, ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈."

"A hand—it's not a fucking handout! I will be right back with your money, just let me take the coffee and go get it."