Three: In Which Their Intoxication Is Only Growing

B O O K  T R A I L E R

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Thank you Bree, Feighmous for the amazing trailer that I am obsessed with.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Due to a explicit scene that belongs in this chapter, earlier when I tried updating, Wattpad rated the story Mature, which I am okay with, but completely turned the chapter private. Meaning, that only the people who follow me were allowed to read the chapter and that I do not agree with. I was not okay with that and will not be ever with any future story of mines. Therefore, I have created a seprate book SPECIFICALLY only for Smut scenes. You will come up to a point in the story where Nicole and Luke will begin getting it on but don't get to it. That it because I had to cut it off and post it on my Smut book. So if you guys want to check that out, you must be following me and then you can find it on my profile under the title 'No Restraints'. But do not leave yet, I will tell you when you can refer to it, finish the chapter first and then carry on. Hope you understand!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

C H A P T E R  T H R E E :

*          *          *

          If there is one word to describe the situation I was currently in, I would definitely use awkward. Because not only was there a mild, sexual tension swimming in the air – but lust. And Adelaide was making sure she was serving that dish as her envious eyes glared at me from across the table. You could tell she was furious, she had expected me to show up with no one. Sometimes you just have that person in your life who wants to see you fail before their very own eyes.

"She just wants to make sure we're not hooking up." Luke's words replay on my mind.

But I had a feeling, she wanted to make sure we were hooking up so that she could embarrass me like she's always done with our – my family and pretend to be like she's the hurt one again.

I was seated across from Luke while Adelaide was seated across from Jaxson, it was an odd seating chart but preferably for the best.

"So, Jaxson... How did you two meet?" Adelaide asks as she twirls a strand of her hair in between her fingers. Her eyes glare into Jaxson's and I notice him shift uncomfortably.

"Um," I cut in. "At a bar, yeah," I laugh, my eyes quickly avert to Luke's knowing what I was going to say next and then back at Adelaide's. "My friends urged me to go out with them one Friday night, at first I didn't want to go as I just wanted to stay home, read a book you know... But eventually I ended up going and in the end I was happy I did because then I wouldn't have met this guy." My eyes wander to Jaxson as a smile traces over my lips and then from under the table I feel a kick.

It was Luke. He clears his throat.

He was jealous, I could tell.

"Seems convincing." Adelaide says, a satisfied facial expression on her face as she looks down at her menu. Her eyes glued down on it. "Not sure If I am convinced." At the mention and hearing of that my blood begins to boil.

I don't know who she thinks she is that I have to persuade her that I have a boyfriend. Ever since a few weeks ago, I hadn't had anything to do with Adelaide and it's like now she wants to be back in life and she sure as hell is doing a lousy job.