Two: In Which She Almost Gets Busted Doing The Deed

C H A P T E R  T W O 

*          *          *

          The week had gone by in a quick abrupt.

It was currently Friday and yet still, I was freaking about everything that had went down on Monday. What Luke had told me. How Adelaide was onto us – well me in particular, and how bad my attraction for Luke has gotten. There's just something about the way he looks at me that drives me crazy, and the fact that I can't have him makes me want him more.

All throughout the week, when he tried to make contact with me, I quickly looked away. When he spoke to me, I tried to keep it to a minimum because I know myself and the way his lips moved so melodically, I wanted to feel them against mines. But I quickly pushed those feelings away.

Because those lips weren't mines; they were Adelaide's.

So why wasn't I pushing them away when Luke began sucking on my neck? I don't know, because just four days ago, I was completely sure I didn't want to go through with this. But four days is a lot for thinking, and maybe Luke was worth fighting for. His warm lips ran across my neck, leaving a trail of saliva as his hands traveled down my back. Slowly, when he reached the hem of my tight black skirt, he lifted it up and clutched my ass as a soft moan escaped my lips. I straddled my hands in his hair and just when he was about to slip his hand inside my panties, a knock landed on my door startling us.

"Nicole, it's Adelaide!" The voice spoke behind the door.

When both Luke and I had come into realization of who it was we pulled away from each other, eyes wide open. "Hide!" I whisper as I pull down my skirt and fix my appearance.

"Where?" He asks, looking around. Luke was huge, he had broad shoulders and muscles the size of what a superhero would have. Another knock landed on the door.

"I-I'm coming, I'm just – just..." I find myself at loss of words. "Just finishing this design, I'll be right there." I shouted, my heart beat accelerating.

How is it that I keep finding myself in situations like this?

Outside the door, I hear Adelaide pull out a batch of keys as they jiggle from her struggling to find the right one to my office. At the hearing of that, a large lump grows in my throat and my breathing hitches a little.

"Hurry! She's coming in!" I tell him. "Uh here, under the desk. Go!" I tell him, my voice so low that I wasn't sure Luke even heard me. With a sudden jolt forward, Luke pushes my wheeling chair away from the desk, throw's himself under my desk and then brings the chair back so that it looked like nothing was inside.

A split second later, the door is pushed open. Quickly I turn around and there's Adelaide in her 12 inch heels, strutting her way towards me. "Why so panicky?" She asks as she approaches, her eyebrows knitting together as she crosses her hands across her chest.

I pin a lock of my hair behind my ears but don't for a second walk away from the desk Luke was under. "What do you mean?" I ask, faking a curious grin but I know exactly what she means.

"And what's that on your neck?" He takes a step forward and examines my neck. She's so close that I could feel her breathing on my chest.

I take a step back and just when I couldn't anymore, I grasp onto my desk with my shaky hands and laugh. "It's nothing, my boyfriend came to visit me yesterday, you know." I say,

"Ahuh," She says.

Awkwardly, I take Adelaide's soft hand in my sweaty one and walk her away from my desk and to a new sketch I was working on before Luke interrupted me earlier. "This is what I was working on, do you like?" I ask trying to switch the subject.