Chapter 72: Swear Jars

Pulling up to the house about 35 minutes later after picking Raelyn up he sees his brother-in-law sitting on the front steps.

"Uncle Luke! Uncle Luke!" Raelyn squeals, running over to him.

"Hey Rae," Luke smiles standing up and picking the little girl up effortlessly.

"Hey what are you doing here?" Braden asks, walking up the steps, Raelyn's backpack around his shoulder as he unlocks the door. Luke setting Raelyn down.

"To let you..."

"Know that you put in a transfer?" Braden smirks.

"How'd you know that?"

"I stopped by the station on my way home."

"Oh," Luke says standing awkwardly. "Look..."

"Assistant Captain job is yours if you want it."

"Wait? Seriously?" Luke smiles big. "Wait only Cap can set that up or make that decision."

"Well you're looking at him. Well when I come back."

"No shit? He made you Captain?"

"No shit," Braden laughs walking into the kitchen.

"I'll think about it."

"Well your transfer request has been denied so..."

"You asshole," Luke smiles, Raelyn walking in.

"Uncle Luke swear jar!"

Luke sighs pulling out his wallet and handing the little girl a dollar. She takes it, placing it in the mason jar marked "Swear Jar."

"I lose all my money when I come here," Luke smirks putting his wallet away.

Braden laughs tossing a Luke a water. "Rae you keep busting Uncle Luke and we'll have enough money to go on vacation again."

Raelyn giggles.

"So Elle and I are having a baby?"

"You ready for that?"

"No," Luke laughs. "We're you really ready for Raelyn?"

"No," Braden shakes his head. "Shelby wasn't either. You guys getting back together?"

"We're working on things," he nods.