Chapter 67: New Proposal

Laying in the bed, both naked under the sheets passionate love making behind them, Braden's arm wrapped around her.

"Are you okay?" he asks softly.

"Perfect," she leans against him.

"I'm glad you're back Shelb," he says kissing her temple and pulling away. "I'm gonna use the bathroom and check on Raelyn," Braden says climbing out, pulling his boxers and sweats on walking out of the room. When he walks back out to the living room he sees Shelby sitting on the floor by the fire, blanket wrapped around her. Smiling, he sits down behind her, wrapping his arms around her as the fire crackles.

"Remember the first time we came here?" she looks over her shoulder to him. Braden taking her there the weekend after the 4th of July BBQ when she was still together with Cole.

"Yeah," he says softly smiling at the memory. "And Raelyn was conceived here later."

"I'm surprised we don't have more children from here," she chuckles.

Smiling, he kisses her cheek, "I'll be right back," he says softly getting up and walking back into the bedroom.

She feels him leave and a chill coming over her as she sits there, staring at the crackling fire.

"Hey can you stand up for a second?"

"Braden...I'm cold," she whines a little but standing up anyways.

"Shelby I'm glad I'm here with you and Raelyn. I love you so much it hurts and these months without you I felt like I couldn't breathe, that I was missing you and our beautiful daughter. I want to make more beautiful daughters with you and I want to love you till the day I die. Here's my new vow, I promise to always put you and Rae first before my job. I promise to always have your back and stand by you in any situation. I guess what I'm asking is.." Braden opening the box getting down on one knee as Shelby sees her engagement and wedding rings, "would you please make me even happier and marry me? Again?"

"Will you please get up before you hurt yourself..." she smiles, a few tears running down her cheek. Smiling, he stands up as Shelby kisses him deeply. "I love you," she says, sliding her hands down his bare chest.

"So I'll take that as a yes?"

"Of course it's a yes you goof," she says, Braden sliding both rings on her finger where they belong. "I have something for you," as she walks to her purse and walking back over with Braden's wedding band on a new chain. "They found it at the fire."

"I thought I lost it," he says taking it, look of relief on his face.

"Nope," she says putting it on.

"You wanna sleep out here in front of the fire?"

She nods, retrieving more blankets and pillows as they both lay down. Candles flickering and snow continuing to fall outside.