Under A Paper Moon

V.R.

"Shit shit shit shit shit shit." I growled, running my fingers through my hair as I paced in my bedroom. "What do I do?"
"Viv?" Nate. "Everything alright?"
I sighed. "Just peachy, Nate. Now fuck off."
I collapsed on to my bed, clutching my tiger stuffed animal. I'm so screwed. How do I make a first impression without fucking things up. I could barely hold a phonecall with the guy, how am I supposed to conversate with him and his whole band?
"Viv, I'm coming up there."
"Go shit a brick, Nate!"
The floor panel leading to my room opened. "Vivian. Come on, what's up."
"Everything," I groaned, dragging on the last syllable. "Can you call Ivy for me and tell her I'm sick and that I can't come to the coffee shop with atl, tomorrow?"
He looked stunned. "Pass up an opporotunity to talk to All Time Low? Are you fucking crazy? What are-"
"Nate-" I kicked his leg, "I'm going to be touring with them, I'll have plenty of time to talk. Just not now. Now go call Ivy or so help me I will shove my combat boots up your sorry ass."
He scurried to the door and hopped down.

•••••

My phone buzzed from where it rested in my jacket pocket.

From: Alex Gaskarth: I heard you can't come to the coffee shop tomorrow :(

That boy is quick.

To: Alex Gaskarth: yeah, sorry, I'm sick :( I wish I could come

From: Alex Gaskarth: we'll figure something out, I promise

That boy.
Alex Gaskarth.
Quick and slick.
I like the sound of that.
Oh what have I done.
He's so perfect.
And I just blew him off.
Fuck.

•••••

"The ATL guys are going to be leaving for coffee any minute, are you sure you can't join us?" Kent asked, leaning over my bed, uncomfortable close.
"Yeah, I'm sure. Go ahead without me." I sighed, grabbing a sketchpad and pen from my window. "I'll be here, no worries."
I began to sketch out a city with a moon hovering low above the skyscrapers. Cars fly by while people tread the sidewalks. New York. My home. And Alex is here too.
I grab a hot pink and deep blue pen and outline two bodies on different sides of the city.
I sigh, and toss the sketchpad aside.
"Why are you still here? Go!" I gesture towards the door, and the band leaves, Kent leading the way.