Chapter 9

Lyon Family Dinner Part 1

Lucious Pov

"LUCIOUS HOW COULD YOU INVITE HER OVER HERE TO A FAMILY DINNER AT OUR HOUSE WITH OUR FAMILY WITHOUT ASKING ME OR RUNNING IT BY ME FIRST". Anika is having a pissing fit right now because I invited Cookie over to the house for a family dinner and shes really starting to piss me off. "I MEAN SHE CAN'T JUST SHOW UP AFTER 17 YEARS AND EXPECT THE BOYS TO COME RUNNING TO HER WITH OPEN ARMS. EVER SINCE SHES BEEN BACK THEY ARE STARTING TO SEE ME A DIFFERNT WAY AND HATE ME". I mean it's not a lie. Hakeem never really had a problem with Anika and when I started dating her he was around 15 so he saw her as a mother figure but now that Cookies back he doesnt need her anymore. I mean yes at first Hakeem was little hesatent when Cookie came back because she got sent away when he was one and he never really got a chace to know her and I can only take the blame for that. But after I had a little chat with him he's starting to warm up to her and they've been getting along. And then Jamal and Andre are a whole nother story. Jamal hated Ankia ever since I brought her home. He thought she was trying to take his mothers place so they never really got along. You see Jamals a mamas boy always was and always will be, but he kept it civil with her for me. Then theres Dre, when I first brought Ankia home Dre was over at Penn state university so I didn't have to worry about him, but when he came home he wasn't really to comfortable with the idea but he was always respectful and nice and he eventually warmed up to her. But there were a couple of times were he and Jamal would say that she was just a place holder for Cookie, which they weren't wrong about. Anyways Anika just  kept on rambling and going on an on and it was really pissing me off I have to shut her ass up. "ANKIA WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME TELL YOU WHY." I Yelled and she got real quite real quick and she gave me a look to continue. "Listen I invited Cookie over because today I found out that I have two more kids and they are coming over for dinner." After I said that she had a shocked look on her face. She didn't say anything so I decided to continue. "Their names are Skylar and Jeremiah. Apparently she had them while she was in jail and her sister Carol took care of them while she was away. And regardless weather or not the situation was Cookie is part of this family always has been and alway will be she is the mother of my children and it shouldn't matter weather or not if I invited her to a FAMILY dinner because this is her family too." She still didn't say anything so now I gotta say something to make her feel better 🤢🙄. I got up and started walking to her "Listen baby It is you that I love and it is you who I am with and it's you who lives with me and who I come home too. I love you and only you, not her . Ok." I walked up to her and held both of her hands. "Ok, I love you too" she said and I kissed her forehead. God just saying that to her makes me sick to my stomach. I mean yes I do love her but I'm not in love with her and I want to come home to Cookie and love her not Anika. I'm only really with Anika right because I need her father. "Now later on at this family I want you to behave and be nice. You understand me" I asked her because I don't need Cookie to being going crazy and whooping her ass. Anika nodded her head and agreed then pecked me on my lips and ran off to go get ready.

Cookies Pov

I was just finishing getting ready and about to walk out the door to go to Lucious house for this family dinner so he can get to know Sky and J. I'm just waiting for J and Sky to finish getting ready and for Jamal to arrive because he's going with us. I heard a knock on the door "Ma open up it's me" Jamal said. "One minute" I screamed from my room walking to the door. "Hey baby" I said opening the door. I kissed his cheek and hugged him. "Hey ma. Where's Sky and Jerry" he asked  "Umm I don't know I think their getting ready, JEREMIAH, SKYLAR" I screamed. "Ya Mom you ok" Jeremiah said running down the hall with a panicked look on his face. God he's just like his father. Back in the day when lu and I were still together anytime I would scream or call his name he would panic and think that something was wrong. "Yeah everything's fine baby, I just wanted to see if your ready to go." I ask him. "Yeah I've been ready I was just waiting for you and Sky to finish." He said. "K, well can you go get your sister and tell her it's time to go" I said. "Yeah sure" he said and walked away. A couple minutes later he came back with Sky. "Y'all ready." I asked and the both nodded. "Alright let's go then." Jamal said. And with that we left to go to Lucious's house.