Chapter Seven

-Haley-

"Yes! Haley, you are the best!" Mia exclaimed with joy. We were all currently sitting in my now box free and set up living room with hot cheesy pizza in front of us.

I open the pizza boxes and I could see all their eyes glaze over in awe of these beautiful pies. "Go on. Enjoy." And before I could say anything else they all scrambled a slice of pizza and stuffed the first bite in their mouths.

"My way of saying thank you for helping me on your Sunday. I really appreciate it." I said with a smile on my lips.

"Our pleasure." Matt said with a mouth full of pizza. Amy saw him talking with his mouth full so she took a napkin and pushed it against his mouth to shield the disgusting sight.

"Don't." Amy stated and Matt just nodded and continue eating his pizza this time with his mouth close.

I laughed at the sight. They were a cute couple and seem to really like each other. They just click when they are together.

"How about we watch a movie?" Emma offered. " I saw that you have a whole collection of them." The sun was starting to set and that was the perfect time to watch a movie.

I nodded. "Sure, pick one. I have a whole bunch, from old to new."

"Do you have all 'The Dark Knight' movies?" Aiden asked in a suspicious tone.

I rolled my eyes and picked out the movies from under the tv stand. "Duh, who doesn't?"

"What about the 'Transformers' movies and the Harry Potter series?" Matt questioned.

"Come on guys. I'm a movie fanatic." I said placing those set of movies on the coffee table along with the 'Back To The Future' movies and 'The Fast and Furious' movies. I also pulled out some comedies and romantic movies. " I have way more, but I have yet to unpack them."

The guys looked impressed to see my arrangement of movies. "I knew there was a reason I liked you." Matt said picking up the first dark knight movie. "We are watching this. No chick flick!" He said turning a glare to the girls.

"Agreed!" I said standing up from my seat. "I'll make popcorn." I grabbed the empty pizza boxes and walked to the kitchen. The girls offered to help, but I told them that it was fine.

I threw away the pizza boxes and opened up the kitchen cabinet to look for the popcorn and when I found it, it was all the way on the top self.

I'm not that tall and the fact that these cabinets were extremely huge did not help the situation, but I tried to reach them anyways. Standing on my tippy toes I tried to reach for the popcorn box.

I was close to getting the box until a hand cut in and grab the box before I could. All my hard work went to waste.

I turned around to see who it was and of course it was Derek. He handed the popcorn box to me to which I accepted. "Thanks." I said shortly and went to pop the bag in the microwave. When I turned around he was still standing there. "Something wrong?"

Derek rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Um, I'm sorry for how I treated you back in your mom's office." He apologized.

I raised an eyebrow. "It's fine." I accepted his apology. He nodded. "You know you have more mood swings then a girl, right?"

"Mood swings?" His eyes narrowed, but held a playful tint to them.

"Uh, yeah. You can be chatting normally and then the next thing you know you do a 180 and put up this ice cold exterior." I explained.