#Wattys2016 Metal Has No Heartbeat (A Blue Beetle [Young Justice] Fanfiction)

By KaidoKurahana
All rights go to KaidoKurahana and Warner Bros/DC Comics. I own nothing.

Metal Has No Heartbeat (A Blue Beetle [Young Justice] Fanfiction)
Summary:
Mahiko is happy with her life; a science experiment living peacefully with others who were part of the Metal Man Project, going from YouTube singer by day to hero Platinum by night. When the experiments being to advance in their powers, word gets out of their existence, bringing all sorts of touble their way. Their savior and Doctor asks the Justice League's young Co-ops Team for help. How will Mahiko be, working along side the boy who broke her heart twice, especially since she still loves him? While Mahiko and her friends are being hunted, she cannot help but feel that she knows the one who is hunting her.

~
"I'm not the same anymore Jamie," she mumbles, laughing vainly at herself. "Can't you see that?" He grabs her shoulders tightly. His hand feel familiar. It takes everything in her to not lean up and kiss him.

"Don't say that. You're still the same Mahiko."
"But I'm not Mahiko anymore. I'm Platinum."

"You can be both." He whispers, pushing his forehead on hers. He let go of her arm and places his hand over where her heart is. "I can still feel - I can still hear your heartbeat. It always races, every time we're this close."

Deep down she knows she needs him. Yet she knows she is a singer to him. "Metal has no heartbeat," she says, just above a whisper. Her words shock him into releasing her. Platinum steps back into the shadows.

🔲🔳🔲🔳🔲🔳🔲🔳🔲🔳🔲🔳🔲

I can't say enough. Mahiko is such a badass character and you have to live her. At times she can be a bitch, I'll admit. But everyone can at times. Her fellow "Metal Men" are prime examples of that. They are all one family but you know family's fight. And when these guys fight, let's just say everyone turns into a bitch. When the Team first comes to check out the Metal Men, they are recording a song. Turns out Mahiko and her friends are YouTube sensations. They are amazing singers. But there is one girl who hates Mahiko and that's because of her boyfriend. Jamie Reyes and Mahiko used to be the couple everyone wanted to be. Jamie broke up with her and started dating another girl who just so happens to be on the Team. She lets it slip that Jamie is Blue Beetle and Mahiko looses it. She gets pissed cause Jamie never told her but he told the girl he left her for. Eventually though, everything goes back to normal. It takes time and convincing, but Mahiko gives Jamie another shot. They are honestly the cutest couple ever. Mahiko also has a fun time bonding with the Team. BB and Bart are some of her BFFs. The girls and her are getting really close too.

But if you want to know what it's truly like, you're going to have to go a read it. So go do that because this is honestly amazing.